GURU 1.6.12 Snow and Logic 8 - guru data folder not found all the time - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

GURU 1.6.12 Snow and Logic 8 - guru data folder not found all the time

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

gross

GURU 1.6.12 Snow and Logic 8 - guru data folder not found all the time

Postby gross » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:04 am

Hi.

I have tried all the solutions from forum here but everytime I try to open Guru I get a message (ALERT! Guru data folder not found. Please selec a new data folder). I tried to delete all guru files, make a fresh install with version 1.6.12 , then copied GURUdata from DVD but without luck. I also tried to edit files and check disk permision. Is there something I should try or should I reinstall MAC OS and Logic?

BR
Adam

gross

Postby gross » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:11 pm

I have made a clean install of MAC OSX SNOW 10.6. I also erased disk before fresh install. After that I have downloaded the latest version from fxpansion site. I copied gurudata on my desktop and then install 1.6.12. I still have exacly the same problem. BUT !!!

I came up with the idea of changing the OS language from Polish to English and you will not belive. Now it works!
I have spent 3 evenings to get it work. I think fxpansion needs a beta tester like me :)

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:11 pm

Yep, GURU 1.6.12 unfortunately pre-dates our current gen of multi-language support tech & may not work correctly on OSes with non-ascii unicode chars in the file system paths.

We are accepting new beta testers at the moment, especially those with foreign-language systems, so drop me a line at angus@fxpansion.com and I'll put you in touch with the relevant people.

Best,
Angus.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Return to “GURU”