mtc question - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

mtc question

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

ed_moliano

mtc question

Postby ed_moliano » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:19 pm

aye up
forgive me if this is a naive question. is there a way to get Guru's tempo to be dictated by an external device? I want to send the timecode from a Korg kaoss pad three to the Standalone version of Guru. I'm using a macbook 1.83 core2duo with 2gb of RAM and tiger.
thanks in advance Mark

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:25 am

Guru responds to MIDI Clock if you select "Sync to MTC" in the standalone. The option is wrongly named - it's actually MIDI Clock it slaves to, not MIDI Time Code.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

ed_moliano

mtc reply

Postby ed_moliano » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:55 pm

um, i've got a kaoss pad 3 that has is set to transmit internal clock and guru has the sync mtc checked and recognises the KP3 in the midi ports menu but still is not responding to any tempo information. have i missed something?

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:05 am

Not sure - do you have any midi monitor on your computer that would let you confirm that the clock is being transmitted?
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

ed_moliano

monitor

Postby ed_moliano » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:48 pm

yes i've got a midi monitor utility and it says that midi clock data is constantly being transmitted. is there any options that would override the tempo information other than the ignore host transport check box?

ed_moliano

urm?

Postby ed_moliano » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:32 pm

hi again,
just wondering if you guys had any more thoughts on the tempo send problem: i really am at lose and love using guru standalone live but have been using it sans midi and really want to push its capabilities. Thanks again.

Return to “GURU”