Individual outs in Sonar - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Individual outs in Sonar

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

ezy

Individual outs in Sonar

Postby ezy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:16 pm

Hi,

Just wondering how I get the 'send engines direct to individual outputs' to work in Sonar. I've ticked the box in audio options and it plays Engine 1 but I can't figure out how to get the other engines routed.

Any help much appreciated,
Ez

PS I'm running it on a laptop with inbuilt soundcard - not sure if it's a soundcard issue.

dredd i knight

Postby dredd i knight » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:04 am

HI,
I can help you with that...
i do it from the synth rack:
1 open up synth rack and add guru vst.
2 On insert synth options tick, midi source, all synth outputs (stereo or mono, your choice)... may as well tick enable midi output too cos this is really useful; it means you can trigger other instruments, and drum machines using guru's wicked sequencing abilities..
3 you'll now have 16 tracks of strereo and one midi channel.
4 clone the midi channel 15 times and use the ch tab in the track to select a different channel for each engine (1 through 16).
think thats it..
hth let me know if this doesnt work..
enable drag and drop options from guru for ease of use.
when dragging and dropping turn the guru mode to gate to hear whats being sequenced as opposed to whats on the pattern page
also when you've got guru set up how you want save as a track template, and you dont have to f around doing the same thing each time you want to use it..

ezy

Postby ezy » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:19 pm

Mr dredd i knight,

You sir are a star! I'd have never figured that out myself.

Cheers again for that,

Ezy

Return to “GURU”