Guru folder structure - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Guru folder structure

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Zapf

Guru folder structure

Postby Zapf » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:20 am

How about a sticky with the recommended folder structure for the Guru-data folder? I think I've figured out most of it... but it really should be mentioned in the manual...or somewhere.

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:17 pm

The folder structure should be as it is installed. There should be no reason to change it.

Zapf

Postby Zapf » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:53 pm

I just bought Guru. Downloaded on one computer, burned to DVD, transferred and installed on another computer.
the computer that GURU is installed on is running WinXPpro SP3.

The ONLY installer that worked was the 1.5.1 application installer—for the application only.

The 1.6 installer and ALL of the content installers did not work—I would double click on them and there was no response, they just sat there, dead. I've read through all the manuals, looked here, searched old threads...and there's not a lot of info on installation. What info there is just says that if you click on the main app installer, everything else should follow.

So, since the 1.5.1 application worked, I just dragged all the content folders on to my computer and tried to arrange them according to comments from old threads here.

So, I'd like to have a definitive description of the folder structure so I know that I've got it right.

Thanks in advance...

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:24 pm

I just checked the 1.6.12 installer (GURU_v1-6-12_Both.exe). This is a self extracting archive which should automatically launch the installer after extracting. It works fine on WinXP here. You might need to download again, maybe the download was unfinished or got corrupted.

I've attached a picture of my Guru data folder contents for you.
Attachments
Picture 2.png
Picture 2.png (55.25 KiB) Viewed 4077 times

Zapf

Postby Zapf » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:14 am

OK, thanks. That's a help.

I tried downloading more than once. 1.6 didn't work. however, I'm downloading on a Mac, then transferring the files to a PC, so I don't know what kind of interference that might add.

Anyway, Guru 1.5 seems to be running fine on the PC, and everything I've loaded so far works fine...hits, kits, loops, patterns, etc. So I'm happy. I'll try 1.6 again, later...when I get motivated.

Return to “GURU”