GURU Problem - Installation issues - URGENT! - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

GURU Problem - Installation issues - URGENT!

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

fols

GURU Problem - Installation issues - URGENT!

Postby fols » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:47 am

Hi,

I have a problem with GURU that i hope someone could help me with...

So when i first bought GURU, i installed it on my Mac, everything worked fine , i was able to use it in my sequencer (Logic) no worries. One day i accidently managed to delete the GURU DATA FOLDER on my hard drive which caused my sequencer to not read GURU properly.

So i thought the best way to fix the problem would be to delete GURU from my computer all together and re-install it, i have done this several times now, it installs GURU along with the data folder but it does not ask for the SERIAL nor can i find and tabs within the program to register it and my sequencer does not recognise the program.

I AM OUT OF IDEAS ON HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM!!!

Could someone please kindly tell me how to get me out of this situation...

I have gone through the library and deleted the GURU data in there as well.

Any response would be appreciated....

(LET ME ALSO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT I HAVE TRIED CONTACTING FXPANSION SUPPORT 3 TIMES THROUGH THE TROUBLESHOOTING E-MAIL OVER THE LAST 2 MONTHS WITH NO REPLY.....
COME ON FXPANSION CREW!!, PEOPLE ARE PAYING MONEY TO USE YOUR PRODUCTS, THE LEAST YOU COULD DO IS RESPOND TO YOUR CONSUMERS.....NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!)

Thank You

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:02 pm

fois - could you tell me what email you've been sending to? We have at least 4 permanent support staff, so it's almost impossible to remain unanswered for that long, unless there's been some technical problem.

Regarding your issue. It's quite possible that you won't need to re-enter your serial if your plists (the system files where your serial are kept) were not deleted from the first time you installed.

Have you installed the 1.6.12 update? If not you should definitely do that. If you still can't see Guru in Logic, check in the /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components folder and see if there is a Guru.component in there. That's the Guru AU plugin. If that is there you may just need to re-enable Guru in Logic's AU Manager.

fols

Postby fols » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:36 am

Hey Rory,

Thanks for your reply.

I have downloaded the update, but the install package wouldnt open. I don't know why it won't open either...

I have gone through the library, there is a guru.component file in the plug-ins folder.

I have gone through Logic's AU Manager, but there is NO sign of Guru in there

Any other ideas ?

Thanks

fols

Postby fols » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:30 am

Anyone else out there know any ideas in order to fix this problem??

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:01 am

What versions of OSX and Logic are you running?

fols

Postby fols » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:16 am

OSX Version 10.5.8

Logic Studio 9

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:40 am

I'm perplexed as to why the 1.6.12 installer wouldn't work for you. It works fine on 10.5.8 here.

Are you saying that the GURU_v1-6-12_Both.zip file will not extract?

It should extract to a folder called 'GURU v16x Installer' which contains installers for both OSX and Windows.

fols

Postby fols » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:42 am

Oh yeah, it extracts no worries, but the pkg file won't open...i click on it and nothing happens

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:48 am

Perhaps a permissions issue. Do you know how to use terminal to repair permissions?

fols

Postby fols » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:11 am

No sorry,
I'm not quite sure what that involves...

Could you explain it to me ?

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:39 am

Do you know if the archive is being opened by OS X's built in unarchiver or by Stuffit? Stuffit will break things.. ctrl+click on the ZIP and choose "Open With", "Archive utility"
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

fols

Postby fols » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:31 am

Dude, the RAR opens NO WORRIES....

I sit there looking at a pkg titled "GURU Application Installer OSX" within the expanded folder

I click on it, NOTHING HAPPENS, it does it's little image expand notifying me that i have clicked on it then NOTHING.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:27 pm

That doesn't sound like the official GURU 1.6.12 installer - it's a ZIP not a RAR, for one thing. Please re-download the v1.6.12 installer from our web site.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

newgirlorder

Postby newgirlorder » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:05 pm

This is the SAME problem I'm having, and I was told the SAME thing to simply re-install, and STILL nothing. It's VERY frustrating because I've paid nearly $300 dollars for this, and I STILL have not been able to use it after 3 days now. I CAN'T seem to get any kind of REAL help. I'm beginning to feel I've been ripped off

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:10 pm

newgirlorder - I'm not sure which problem you refer to as there are several described in this thread. Have you put in an official support request here? We'll get you up and running, it's just easier to do via the proper support channel.

Return to “GURU”