GURU vs. Trigger Finger - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

GURU vs. Trigger Finger

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

pbassx

GURU vs. Trigger Finger

Postby pbassx » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:45 pm

Here's an odd one: my Trigger Finger all of a sudden will frequently stop talking to GURU (whether standalone or in Logic). Or rather, GURU will stop listening to the Trigger Finger:)
Now, while I'm using it, it will frequently drop the connection between the TF and GURU, and I have to unplug it and plug it back in--that's the only way to get it back. This happens whether the TF is connected to a powered USB hub, or powered via AC and connected via a Midi cable to my midi interface. This ONLY happens with GURU--the TF is fine triggering anything else. I have the latest GURU installed, and have checked that I have all the current drivers, etc. from M-Audio. The TF is set to the factory defaults. This combination has worked fine for ages, this just came on out of the blue.
And to make it even more bizarre, GURU seems fine with my other two midi controllers--an Axiom25 and a Radium midi keyboard. GURU just doesn't like the Trigger Finger anymore. Nothing else has changed in my system either. Any ideas anybody? Thanks.

GURU 1.6.12, MacBookPro 17" 3.06 ghz, OS 10.6.2, powered USB hub, Emagic MT4 Midi interface, Logic 9.0.1

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:42 am

What midi channel is your Trigger Finger sending on?

pbassx

Postby pbassx » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:19 pm

Ahhh----I see what's happened--it is coming i on channel 10--my other devices are coming in on Channel 1. Resetting to the defaults and/or unplugging the Trigger Finger make it set back to Channel 10 again. Thanks--that was simple!

Return to “GURU”