Guru Multi-Out Tracks and Channel Strips in logic - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Guru Multi-Out Tracks and Channel Strips in logic

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Alfonse

Guru Multi-Out Tracks and Channel Strips in logic

Postby Alfonse » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:22 am

Hi Guys

I know this is a popular topic but I cannot seem to find the answer I am looking for...I am having a few troubles so I was wondering if someone could help...here is what I am trying to do:

1) Set up a multi out instance of Guru and route each pad to a different aux strip in the mixer.

2) Have different tracks in the arrange window so I can have midi files for each pad.

Is it possible to do both of these at the same time??? I am finding at the moment I can only do one or the other and am not that successful at either of those!

All help appreciated!

Alfonse

Alfonse

Postby Alfonse » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:40 am

Problem solved! If anyone else is interested here is how you do it:

1) Set up a new software instrument with 1 track

2) Load up a multi-output guru

3) Click the + button on the channel strip in the mixer for the number of aux channels you want

4) Assign each pad to the aux channels in guru under pad edit

5) In the arrange window add in new tracks by clicking 'new with next midi channel'

6) Make sure all the tracks are on the same midi channel in the inspector

Phew! That was a good mornings exploring... :D

Alfonse

Postby Alfonse » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:26 pm

Hmmm maybe I spoke too soon...the above all works fine except when I then try to add automation to some of the parts in the arrange page. The aux channels do not seem to recognise automation on the midi tracks...

Any ideas???

sec_9

Postby sec_9 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:57 pm

Alfonse

Postby Alfonse » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:02 am

Hey

Thanks for these they are really helpful! I have always been a bit wary of the environment view but this helps get more used to it. Unfortunately, it doesn't quite let me do what I want though (unless I am doing something wrong :?)

I can create a multi-out guru, assign pads to aux channel strips and add processing to each drum but once done I cannot then automate the effects in the arrange window.

I am beginning to think this is not possible as the effects apply to the aux strips and not the channel strip that appears in the arrange window. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help.

Alfonse

Alfonse

Postby Alfonse » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:16 am

Problem solved! The trick is to assign Guru's effects to an FX Group and then automate this in the arrange window of logic. Should have read the manual...

Oh well it worth all the headaches trying to work it out as I now know how to use things properly!

Cheers for the help.

Return to “GURU”