A warning and a request - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

A warning and a request

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

3ze

A warning and a request

Postby 3ze » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:59 pm

Just a quick warning which may help other users. Recently I switched computer systems which involved moving folders and files around obviously. Now, all the Logic projects (a LOT) that were using Guru cant find the sample files that Guru was using anymore. Nightmare and absolute shitter. Standard library files were no problem, its the 3rd party and ones you sourced yourself that are the problem. Ill be fvckd if I can find the files manually. Now onto my request....

Is it looking likely that a future release of Guru will save samples in the project itself rather than just referencing a file path to wherever?

At the end of the day its my own fault yadda yadda but it looks like Nerve does something similar so must be 'doable'?

Cheers :)

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:08 pm

Saving files in the project file is a big no no. Given the lack of limits on ram used, one could potentially end up with HUGE project files and that's asking for trouble.

All you need to do is save a Guru song file into your Logic project folder at the end of your session and all the used files be collected there too.

3ze

Postby 3ze » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:35 pm

Cheers Rory :) Got to admit, I have never saved a song file....just have to stop being lazy I suppose.

Any idea on what Nerve does regards saving its files?

phazed

Postby phazed » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:06 pm

I think it's a general lack in the VST/AU specs that a plugin can't determine the path to its project folder. This would give plugins with external data (e.g. samples) the chance to store their on files within the project folder and referencing relative paths.

ICN

Postby ICN » Fri May 07, 2010 7:13 pm

Classic!

I'm upgrading to Snow Leopard & L9 over the next few days & currently just getting all my stuff backed up before I do.

So I'm burning all my Audio to DVDs & in the process, I've been reorganising the folders that they're in too.

Open up a Logic 8 track that had a Guru in it & started getting all the searching boxes.. Disaster! Thank F*** that I knew the way everything was before I reorganised.. Just put everything back & everything is opening up again fine.

I was transferring a project from Ableton to Logic the other day & used the song folder for the 1st time - so I know now that I'll have to do that before I finally hit the nuke button on my OS upgrade. I just stopped by to see if there was already default way in existance that I was missing - so I though it funny that the 1st post I read here was this one!

Coincidence or what?! :lol:

Best of luck!!

Return to “GURU”