Mixer bypassed w/sub-outputs= bummer. But work around around inside - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Mixer bypassed w/sub-outputs= bummer. But work around around inside

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

alowe

Mixer bypassed w/sub-outputs= bummer. But work around around inside

Postby alowe » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:08 am

So I was pretty bummed when I realized that to engine mixer is bypassed when I use the sub-outputs... :shock: surely there must be a good reason for this... and I'm really curious to hear it :wink:

But what I have have to be a suitable work around for now is to, ALT>SHIFT>CLICK on the gain parameter in the pad edit view to make adjustments to the gain of entire engines.. Is there a better way I haven't found yet?

PrimoChris

Postby PrimoChris » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:44 am

I think it´s a rather useful feature to bypass the internal mixer, if using sub-outs as engine-outs. You only want the engines on different outs, if you´re using some kind of mixer (be it a DAW, an external hardware mixer, or your interfaces internal mixer) anyway.
Can you enlighten me, in which usage scenario, you might to want engines on seperate outs and still want to use GURU´s rather limited internal mixer?

alowe

Postby alowe » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:56 am

PrimoChris wrote:I think it´s a rather useful feature to bypass the internal mixer, if using sub-outs as engine-outs. You only want the engines on different outs, if you´re using some kind of mixer (be it a DAW, an external hardware mixer, or your interfaces internal mixer) anyway.
Can you enlighten me, in which usage scenario, you might to want engines on seperate outs and still want to use GURU´s rather limited internal mixer?

I am routing pad types to separate outputs either manually or with the option feature so that processing can be applied separately to those elements with similar frequency content, kicks, snares, ect. but there is certainly the need to adjust the volumes of of the different layers/engines relative to each other. So I think thats a big advantage, or rather necessity.. What would be the advantage of bypassing it I am curious? If the aim is to use the mixer in a DAW, why not do so and just leave the guru mixer at level gains?

PrimoChris

Postby PrimoChris » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:07 am

I do the same and you´re right in this aspect all level-matching is done via the gain knob.

Now I see, what you mean. It would indeed be nice if GURU´s internal mixer would be able to target the sub-outs instead of the engines. But I suppose this would mean a hell of coding. It sure is a nice feature request for GURU 2.0 as it would also mean a new GUI (16 stereo outs opposed to 8 engines).

alowe

Postby alowe » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm

Thank for your replies on both my questions Chris :D

Return to “GURU”