how does looping in Pad Edit work? fairly urgent :) - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

how does looping in Pad Edit work? fairly urgent :)

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

tobybrundin

how does looping in Pad Edit work? fairly urgent :)

Postby tobybrundin » Fri May 14, 2010 8:31 am

Hi,

forgive me if i'm being stupid, but I'm trying to understand how the looping in Pad Edit works (for a gig tomorrow night, ulp).

Basically what I'd like it to do is have SP-404/SP-555 functionality so a pad keeps looping until i click it again to release it. it's really good for live performance plus you get the Guru benefits of multi-outs etc.

I can't work out how the looping is designed to work - if you click the 'loop' option the pad will loop for ever. i don't even know to turn it off without unclicking loop and retriggering the sample.

Any suggestions?

Also, what's the deal with the 'hold' button?

Thanks,

Toby

tobybrundin

Postby tobybrundin » Fri May 14, 2010 9:33 am

okay, i've found the answer is in the hold control. I've also found the hold control on the midi map, so i can assign an MPD pad to it to hold down. sometimes you have to mouseclick to pad to get it to turn off tho, otherwise it's working ok.

tobybrundin

Postby tobybrundin » Thu May 20, 2010 9:00 am

Sad to say this let me down in the gig. The pads would latch but not unlatch, or not trigger properly, or whatever. i gave up, just did a lot of bent over trackpad action which is a bad look and not what i want.

Can i just be the 90th person to say, IF YOU ADD THESE $%^&£ FEATURES GIVE US SOME £@$£& INSTRUCTIONS. Come on, guys.

Return to “GURU”