Guru out of sync in Shot/Trig mode?? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Guru out of sync in Shot/Trig mode??

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

MokuM

Guru out of sync in Shot/Trig mode??

Postby MokuM » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:00 am

Hello guys n gals,

Lately I have a weird thing happening in Cubase 5 (5.1.1 and now 5.5.0) and I can't get my head around it...

I am working on a track and all of a sudden Guru is slightly (but noticable) out of sync (late) with Cubase, but ONLY when the pattern sequencer is in Shot or Trig mode and triggered by a MIDI note (C-1 for example). It's not all the time, it's not when I start a new project, it's not happening in every project, I don't have any (insert or send) FX on the Guru channels.... I don't have "ignore Host transport and tempo" turned on and saving the project and reopening it won't work either... The rest of my HW and SW stays perfectly synced but not GURU... I'll also post this problem on Cubase.net (when it's back up, seems to have crashed) maybe it's a DAW thing.

I've attached 2 mp3's recorded with the Cubase Click on so you can hear it go out of sync, the sync.mp3 is recorded when GURU is in Sync mode.

Please help, this is driving me nuts :(

thnx!

Windows XP SP2
Guru 1.6.12
Cubase 5.5.0
Attachments
outofsync.rar
outofsync
(418.27 KiB) Downloaded 715 times

MokuM

Postby MokuM » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:22 pm

Anyone??

The MIDI notes are (of course) on 1.1.0 so they're not shifted or anything.

Still don't know what's going on here.

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:06 pm

Seems odd. I just tried to reproduce it here in Cubase 5.1.1. Shot and Trig mode are working fine, although if it's intermittent as you say it may need some hunting down.

This is a long shot, but back when I used to use Cubase, I would find that sometimes midi and audio parts would not trim to perfect lengths of bars and beats. If you subsequently duplicated those parts each successive part would get ever so slightly more out of sync. Are you 100% sure the midi parts containing the trigger notes are starting exactly on the bar?

klv

Postby klv » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:21 pm

In logic I have the opposite problem, in sync mode everything hits slightly too early.
What I do is just drag the midi from Guru to Logic then put guru into shot mode.

I'm sure my copy of Guru is haunted though :twisted:

MokuM

Postby MokuM » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:45 pm

My studio was down for a couple of months so sorry I haven't replied earlier :)

But when I zoom in completely on the MIDI event it still is on the mark... Still don't know what's going on here, today it happened again in a track I was working on... Starting a new project didn't fix it... very strange...

I end up not using GURU at all now :(

MokuM

Postby MokuM » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:51 pm

I've found it!

It's good old LATENCY... I've never thought of it because plugins have Latency delay compensation (in cubase anyway) but apparently using MIDI tracks to trigger the engines/patterns bypasses the LDC treating GURU as a Hardware device... weird... or not?? I don't know ...

Anyway! I am happy now, I've dusted off the DLL file and am ready to go nuts once again ;)

(PS: comoooon with Geist already!!!! :D )

Return to “GURU”