newbie question about engines and patterns - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

newbie question about engines and patterns

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

giusmex

newbie question about engines and patterns

Postby giusmex » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:28 pm

hi guys

just starting using GURU which is fantastic as drum machine, maybe even better than Battery 3

the thing that i dont understand is what exactly is an "engine"; is it way of adding sounds, in the sense that a given engine can have ONLY one samples kit loaded?

and..if lets suppose i want to have ( during my song in cubase sequencer) the pattern number 2 of engine playing frommeasures 1 to 8, and then from measure 9 i want the pattern number 7 of engine 6 playing...how can i change them?

( I know that the patterns WITHIN AN ENGINE can be switched by changing the midi note assigned to a given pattern, because every pattern is assigned to a midi note from ce to b4)...but how can i change different patterns BETWEEN DIFFERENT ENGINES?

thanx in advance

giusmex

Postby giusmex » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:02 pm

higuys

now i have problemns with the patterns, too

i use cubase 5.5 and guru as plug-in

now in the key editor window of cubase of the track assigned to GURU i press the C3 key, which triggers my first pattern of engine ne; but when in the same key editor i create another note ( c#3) which corresponds to another pattern ( of the same engine) that i have created, cubase ignores this and keeps playing that pattern all along the cubase song

can you helpme for this? have i to use some kind of midi control to control this problem?

please help me i have purchased guru just yesterdaty and now i dont manage to do the simplest of the functions ( that is ti say, to change patterns along my song in cubase sequencer)

:( :(

giusmex

Postby giusmex » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:55 am

sorry again about that i solved

the solution was in holding the mouse indicator an a pattern key which shows exactly which midi note is associated with that pattern

Return to “GURU”