how can i change engines of cubase in guru? And Drag and Drop? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

how can i change engines of cubase in guru? And Drag and Drop?

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

giusmex

how can i change engines of cubase in guru? And Drag and Drop?

Postby giusmex » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:58 am

hi guys

as i posted in another post i solved the problem of changing the patterns within an engine in cubase using the midi notes assigned to a given pattern ( drawn in the key editor of the midi track assigned to guru)

now i was wondering: how to switch to another engine and to its pattern?

lets suppose that at a certain point in my cubase's project i wanto to shift from the pattern 3 of engine 1 to pattern 4 of engine 6

how can i do this?

and... a second question...does cubase support the "drag and drop" function, so as to be able fo copy the patterns of guru directly into cubase's midi tracks?

please help me

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:43 pm

Which version of Cubase are you running, the most recent ones certainly do.

To trigger patterns on Engines 2-8, use midi channels 2-8.

giusmex

Postby giusmex » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:56 pm

i use cubase 5,5

the problem is that i dont know WHERE to drag and drop the patterns, if in the midi tracks assigned to guru, if in the project wondow...

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:51 am

Yes, drag and drop to the midi track.

giusmex

Postby giusmex » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:53 am

hi sorry but i have another question

i thank you in any case because you are the best support ( for vst software) i vae ever seen...

my question is:

is it necessary to assign every single engine to different stereo out channel? ( stereo out 3-4, 5-6 and so on )or is it possible to leave them in the same stereo out channel as all other different tracks of other instruments in a cubase's project?

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:19 pm

You can do it either way. If you want to automatically output each engine to separate audio outputs you can enable the "Send engines direct to individual outputs" option in Audio Options. If this is disabled, Guru will send all pads on all engines to the main outputs unless you change the output per pad in the Pad Edit screen.

giusmex

Postby giusmex » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:42 pm

hi i have noted that the master fader mix is always on the top level in the MIX channel but i dont think this is a problem

i can insert an effect on the master channel?

Return to “GURU”