Just bought Guru and its not being recognized by Abelton 8.1.5 (win 7) 64 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Just bought Guru and its not being recognized by Abelton 8.1.5 (win 7) 64

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

DjWillMcGlone

Just bought Guru and its not being recognized by Abelton 8.1.5 (win 7) 64

Postby DjWillMcGlone » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:43 am

I have read the forums, emailed tech support, and I am posting here. Basically I have installed the program put the vst file in its proper place, changed vst folder, and I am not having any luck. I've also tried reinstalling ableton (which I did a clean un-install where i had to activate again). When Ableton is scanning at startup, is does show that it sees guru in the vst folder but it does not let me use. Also Ableton likes to ask me what the serial number is about 5 or 6 times. I hope there is an easy fix to this and there is not going to be a bunch of runaround and headaches. I also hope I don't get stuck with a program that does not function the way I intend after saving up money to buy this.

DjWillMcGlone

Postby DjWillMcGlone » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:28 pm

I think I have fixed the issue. I installed Guru VST to a different plug in folder and made ableton scan that folder for plugins and low and behold there was guru. I then took those files and moved them back to my old vst file and rescanned, and sure enough ableton picked it up. (very strange that ableton did not pick it up on a rescan).

Also please note... that when i did I clean install that time I has UAC disabled and I went into reg edit and deleted everything guru related in the menus under software drop down in stuff like Local_H_Key , etc etc. (several of them had fxpansion stuff). Also please note fxpansion hides under some win64 type of drop down menu , so it may not show up until you click the plus signs on a few of them. (sorry for the vagueness here , I am not much of a tech support but if you don't understand just click the + sign and search everything in regedit for fxpansion if you are not familiar with the registry)

Return to “GURU”