Possible bug? Unwanted Echo/autopan on (dry) output 1-2 Guru in Logic 8? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Possible bug? Unwanted Echo/autopan on (dry) output 1-2 Guru in Logic 8?

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

WilDFire

Possible bug? Unwanted Echo/autopan on (dry) output 1-2 Guru in Logic 8?

Postby WilDFire » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:09 am

Hi team. This is really strange and it happened to me before in my last project and I can't remember how I fixed it but I did.

Anyway, it's going on again. I have a multi out instance and the pad that is assigned to output 1-2 in logic has an echo artifact and every other assigned channel is dry (playing normally). Output 1-2 has no inserted FX in logic, and no FX in Guru either, so there is no earthly reason why it would have an echo/auto pan effect

Anyone experienced this? I suppose I could just leave output 1-2 empty, but it seems a waste.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,
Alex

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:01 am

I can't think why this would be. Could you attach a Logic project where this happens?

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:18 am

Does this happen when you've got no track selected, or a different track to the GURU one selected, in the arrange page?

WilDFire

Guru bug

Postby WilDFire » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:50 am

I've attached the project. In the first guru instance (guru techno) if you hit pad 16 in engine 1, which is routed to output 1-2 (main output), the echo/pan occurs.

In the second guru instance (guru 2) if you trigger pad 13 in engine 2, also routed to the main output, the same thing occurs.

To answer your question Drew, it occurs when the instrument track is selected in the arrange page or when another is selected.

I appreciate your help guys!

Cheers,
Alex
Attachments
Guru Bug project.logic.zip
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 488 times

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Hi Alex,

I just took a look at your project. The answer is simple. You have a delay effect inserted on the Master bus (which works on the Main Output - aka 1&2). When you route other Pads to any of the sub-outputs, this Master effect is bypassed because the Pad is routed elsewhere.

To remove the effect, go to the Mix page and select the Master channel.

Hope that helps :)

WilDFire

ARgh!

Postby WilDFire » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:07 pm

Thanks for your help Rory. So sorry to waste your time. I don't know how I missed that! Guess I need to RTFM again :roll:

Cheers,
Alex

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:56 pm

No sweat, it happens :)

Return to “GURU”