Few Questions about GURU and sounds to get hold of - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Few Questions about GURU and sounds to get hold of

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

asignal2noise

Few Questions about GURU and sounds to get hold of

Postby asignal2noise » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:30 pm

Hi there, I'm very new to GURU, liking it and I can see this is a good forum as I've already been able to answer a few of my questions already by looking down it.

There is a few things I would like some help on please, maybe they same a little obvious, but like I said I'm new to it and I use Logic 8 as well.

Every time I press play on my arrange page it also plays in GURU,even when there is no midi pattern on the page, is there a way to disable this function as its unbelievably annoying at the moment.

One of the things I would like to be able to do is have GURU as my main drum machine obviously, but I often have my tracks mixed on my friends system, because of this I have to export all my tracks from logic as audio. I use the multi-out option in GURU and separate BD,SD's and so on, but when i use the "export all tracks" option in Logic it doesn't recognise these sub tracks at all. Is there anyway I could do this? I really need my bass drums, snares, hats and toms separated for mixing purposes.

Finally does anyone know of any good sample packs for drums, the only indication of the kind of sound I'm looking for would be the style and sound of drums such as on eels new album, or Beck's sound of drums on his own albums or those he uses on charlotte gainsbourgs new album such as

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7KxvSwmzkY

I understand that they would probably play their own drums on these, but its the sound I'm after really
be grateful for any help, thanks very much

Rory_FX

Re: Few Questions about GURU and sounds to get hold of

Postby Rory_FX » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:06 am

asignal2noise wrote:Every time I press play on my arrange page it also plays in GURU,even when there is no midi pattern on the page, is there a way to disable this function as its unbelievably annoying at the moment.

Try "Ignore host transport and tempo" in Audio Options

One of the things I would like to be able to do is have GURU as my main drum machine obviously, but I often have my tracks mixed on my friends system, because of this I have to export all my tracks from logic as audio. I use the multi-out option in GURU and separate BD,SD's and so on, but when i use the "export all tracks" option in Logic it doesn't recognise these sub tracks at all. Is there anyway I could do this? I really need my bass drums, snares, hats and toms separated for mixing purposes.

I think you would have to use the sub-outputs of Guru and use 8 different midi tracks on 8 different midi channels (in Logic) to trigger the 8 Engines.

Finally does anyone know of any good sample packs for drums, the only indication of the kind of sound I'm looking for would be the style and sound of drums such as on eels new album, or Beck's sound of drums on his own albums or those he uses on charlotte gainsbourgs new album such as

Difficult, there aren't many acoustic drum packs for Guru itself. You might be better off with BFD2 or BFD Eco for that kind of sound ;)

Return to “GURU”