No Uninstaller??? No Data In Data Folder? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

No Uninstaller??? No Data In Data Folder?

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

paintersdad

No Uninstaller??? No Data In Data Folder?

Postby paintersdad » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:54 am

First, let me say from the outset that I have purchased both Guru and BFD from FXPansion and used them on previous computer setups. When decided to reformat my hard drive and reinstall all my favorite apps I left both of these programs out. Today, I say updates for both programs. I installed GURU 1.5 and found no data in my Data folder. When I went to uninstall the program in favor of version 1.6 I found no uninstaller and so went to Control Panel's Add and Remove Programs - nothing there either.

You have got, got, got to be kidding me! This is unacceptable! How do I go about manually uninstalling every vestige of code from this program on my system?

Thank you and sincerely,

Michael Webb
Windows XP Pro

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:34 am

Hi Michael - no need to uninstall 1.5, just install 1.6.12, it will replace all necessary files.

For data (I presume you mean audio content) you'll need to download the various files form Support / Downloads.

paintersdad

No Kits; MidKits; Loop; Grooves; Hit or MidSongs

Postby paintersdad » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:41 am

Thank you, Rory! The swift reply is cool. I already did this because it was suggested in a different thread. This time, I find patterns in the Pattern folder but all the aforementioned folders in the Subject heading are empty. I don't see these things in Downloads but will look again. Also, it appears that both programs 1.5 and 1.6 are installed. 1.5 hanged on me. How does one uninstall this program?

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:49 am

If you want to definitely clear out and start again a manual delete is the safest way:

- delete application from your Program Files/FXpansion
- delete Guru's VST plugin file from your VST plugins folder

When reinstalling, install only 1.6.12 (and the data). Don't install any older versions.

Remember after installing you may need to set the Data Path in Options. Guru needs to know where the data is located.

I hope that helps.

paintersdad

Billiant Again *** Rory Rocks!

Postby paintersdad » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:00 am

Found the Audio Content you spoke of Rory. Everything not labelled: Bonus Material is essential, right? Should I install original Data material from DVD or just download all the files under Guru Downloads?

Nothing more from me. Thanks again.

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:05 am

Actually you're fine installing it from the disk. No need to download it all over again. Sorry, I tend to presume people have bought the download version as we don't sell the boxed version any more :)

You can grab the bonus content if you want. It's not essential, but hey why not have it :)

paintersdad

Outstanding Rory! Everything Works

Postby paintersdad » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:53 am

Many Thanks

Return to “GURU”