how to trigger patterns only with midi notes? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

how to trigger patterns only with midi notes?

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

giusmex

how to trigger patterns only with midi notes?

Postby giusmex » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:00 am

hi uys

is there a way to trigger patterns in GURU ONLY with midi notes drawn in the sequencer ( i use cubase) and NOT by pressing the corresponding pattern key?

because sometimes i want to switch between patterns only to see them, but when i press the pattern key they become activated and mess me !

jedilaw

Postby jedilaw » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Per the manual, C3 to D4 are assigned to the 24 patterns for any given engine. You can also access specific "scenes" via MIDI note control. Check the PDF file "Guru 1.5 MIDI implementation", it lists all of the MIDI assignments. Should work with data from your sequencer just like it would with realtime input from a key controller.

giusmex

Postby giusmex » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:21 pm

hi jedilaw

maybe i didnt manage to explain what i mean

i wanted to know if there is a way to visualize the different patterns of guru ( while guru is playing>) without triggering them, just to press the pattern key on guru's interface and see them, whithout interfering with the song playing

Return to “GURU”