Key Commands work once but not again. - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Key Commands work once but not again.

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

neptuneway

Key Commands work once but not again.

Postby neptuneway » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:58 am

I was reading the part about key commands in the Whats New in V1.5 manual (I'm using 1.6.12)

I get what its saying but have noticed something.

If I press F2 it changes to Graphs, F3 and it changes to Pad Edit, and F4, F5 etc though if I want to go back to Graphs from another view and press F2 nothing happens at all. It stays on the the current view mode selector.

Like wise with F3, I find that if you have used the key command already to view the desired section in the Toolbar it doesn't go back to it?

Same thing happens if you press Shift and the F keys. Pressing Shift and F2 will select Engine 2, if I then press Shift and F3 it selects Engine 3, though if I want to select Engine 2 and press Shift and F2 it won't change back?

Same thing with Spacebar, load up an instance of Guru, hit space bar, it plays. Click play/pause it stops, press space bar again and nothing happens.

If I want to select different patterns by pressing Shift and then the relevant number or letter, once I have viewed that pattern and gone on to view another pattern, I can't view an already viewed pattern via the key commands

Am I missing something?

neptuneway

Postby neptuneway » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:48 pm

Has anybody else found this? As they don't seem to work.

oiioooiio

Postby oiioooiio » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:22 am

thats odd. as in not normal.

are you running it stand alone or in a host.
if in a host i'd say the keys are conflicting in some way,
just a guess.

neptuneway

Postby neptuneway » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:39 pm

oiioooiio wrote:thats odd. as in not normal.

are you running it stand alone or in a host.
if in a host i'd say the keys are conflicting in some way,
just a guess.

Most appreciate you getting back, just tried it in standalone mode and it works fine. Could go back and forward with the same key commands.

When I use it in Logic that's when its very odd, though now I don't know what to do at all?

Any ideas, anyone?

cheers

oiioooiio

Postby oiioooiio » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:00 am

Are you using windows?

neptuneway

Postby neptuneway » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:04 am

oiioooiio wrote:Are you using windows?

Nope, OSX 10.6.5, Logic 9.1.3, everything on my Mac works fine, not really any problems.

oiioooiio

Postby oiioooiio » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:17 am

I ask because if so, I would highly recommend AutoHotKeys

http://www.autohotkey.com

I think there might be a mac version?

It's a simple to program script that lets you create a variety of keyboard and mouse shortcuts and onscreen clicks, click and drags, ect and it can be global and program specific so basically every bit of software you use can have its own shortcuts that let you do all the things you would with your mouse, but from your keyboard.

That's the basic idea but it can be made to do other actions as well.

I was going to send you a script I use with Guru in my host but its only for windows.

Check to see if your mac has an equivalent, it definitely has been useful for more that just Guru.

Return to “GURU”