guru and BFD2 together? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

guru and BFD2 together?

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

alwaysrecording

guru and BFD2 together?

Postby alwaysrecording » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:02 am

I just bought Guru and I'm no expert on midi software so my question may be old news but here goes…what would be the best way to sync up BFD2 with Guru? so I can layer drum sounds/parts together? can I import the guru sounds into BFD2? or is there some special way of getting this done so I can use both together(synced up) as plug ins within say logic pro? I look forward to getting an answer on this because I've been trying to figure it out and am getting nowhere…spanx

oiioooiio

Postby oiioooiio » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:50 am

im not really clear on your question or how you mean sync up.
most hosts will sync the plug-ins automatically, if by sync you mean the bpm or time code.

im not familiar with bfd2 but in guru you have 8 layers per pad and 16 pads...

not sure what you mean by layer.
any time you add a new track to your daw its a new layer...

you can rewire guru if your host program supports it, but its just as well to just run it as a plug-in.

what are you trying to do?

alwaysrecording

Postby alwaysrecording » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:40 am

ha…I didn't even think about the how they might work differently as plug ins from stand alone…I'm not trying to do anything too fancy…it's a real standard idea…just wanted to find out the best way of doing it to cut out any tedious editing jobs…let's say I'm recording a song with BFD2 as a plug in within logic, and I want to use certain sounds from guru to add to or compliment the rhythm tracks from BFD…like for example a guru snare sound layered underneath the real "main" snare from BFD, you know to give it a certain character…what's the best way to do this so that one is perfectly on time with the other? or am I just missing something about how these 2 programs function as plug ins? say I'm programming all this and not performing any of it with a midi controller…or would using a midi controller be the quickest way to get a performance done and then just quantize it?

oiioooiio

Postby oiioooiio » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:48 pm

im not familiar with logic but if its like most daws, you would just have guru on one midi channel, bfd2 on another midi channel each with a midi clip playing. then when the midi notes of each clip play at the same time there you go. i guess thats all your trying for. theres really a lot of ways of doing what you want. the fact thats its guru or bfd2 doesnt make any difference.
you can get creative with your ins and outs routing so say on one midi channel its midi clip sends out its information to multiple other midi channels with various sounding synths or samplers.
if its one certain sound you hear say in guru, why not just dig it out of the library and drop it into bfd or record it into daw as you like it then stick that sound into your sampler?

lots of possibility's.

yes a controller can make things faster but you still got to spend time getting familiar with it,like anything else, before its any quicker...

Return to “GURU”