Help with Program Changes from within Live or by Controler - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Help with Program Changes from within Live or by Controler

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

oiioooiio

Help with Program Changes from within Live or by Controler

Postby oiioooiio » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:25 am

Reading an old ''READ ME -- Changes from v1.5.1 to v1.6.3'' file, I found this about program changes:

Two new and initially empty folders will be created in your GuruData folder, "MidiKits" and "MidiSongs". When the "Receive Program Changes" option in the MIDI options page is on, sending Pgm Ch on channels 1..8 will load a kit on the respective engine from the MidiKits folder. Pgm Ch on 10 or 12 will load a song from the MidiSongs folder. They are ordered alphanumerically, therefore to keep things manageable, we suggest naming kits and songs in that folder "000 808 Dry.kit", "001 Acoustic Rock.kit" et cetera. It's up to you to manage these folders yourself using Finder or Explorer -- it's your decision as to what the selection of kits/songs GURU can load from is.

Is this still possible on version 1.6.12?

If so, what triggers it?

I've got the option selected in preferences,
the .GRU file and samples copied to MIDISongs folder,
name change to include 000,001,

sending midi on channels 1-8 for kits and 12 for songs but just guessing values and not getting any responses...

Any help as to specific values ect...or how to set a clip up in Live to trigger a song/kit change would be super great!

oiioooiio

Postby oiioooiio » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:31 am

Ok. It works.

Needed to restart Guru after files have been labeled correctly for it to update contents.
In live the problem was I had my MIDI ch for 12 set to 'in.'

All good now.

Return to “GURU”