Guru crashing constantly - data path issue - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Guru crashing constantly - data path issue

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

sbram

Guru crashing constantly - data path issue

Postby sbram » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:59 am

I was under the impression that Guru copied all the samples you are using in a pattern from your main data folder to some sort of project folder, so a few days ago I decided to finally better organize all my samples.

Turns out this isn't the case because now every song that i've used Guru in just crashes logic and spams error messages of "Guru Save Error #002". I guess when Guru cant find the sample where it expects to find it, it just crashes...

Theres no way for me to un-organize my drum sample folder to get it to work, so what can I do? At the moment I can't open any of my songs unless i disable Guru in the logic AU manager. I can reassign all the pads to the new locations thats fine as long as all the patterns are still intact.

I've put a lot of faith in Guru, using it to make all my drums for the past year or so. If all those drum patterns are just gone permanently I'm completely fucked. So please help me out

Here are two other topics where similar issues have been brought up and unresolved:
http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7573692
http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=56792

I've attached the crash report
Attachments
gurucrash.txt
(59.29 KiB) Downloaded 653 times

sbram

Postby sbram » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:44 pm

Anything? Still can't open any of my projects that use guru..

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:27 pm

Are you using 1.6.12?

sbram

Postby sbram » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:32 pm

Yes

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:44 pm

When you are loading a song with Guru saved in it, do you get a dialog box asking for the location of the moved samples?

sbram

Postby sbram » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:44 pm

No I dont get any messages from Guru, I don't even get to see the arrange window before logic crashes.

Logic works fine when i have Guru disabled in the AU manager. As soon as i re-enable Guru in the manager Logic crashes immediately. Then when i start logic up again the loading window comes up, it appears to load everything fine, then as soon as the loading window disappears logic crashes. The arrange window never appears. I right click logic in the dock and it says the application isnt responding.

sbram

Postby sbram » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:39 am

Any ideas?

Return to “GURU”