Guru pad distortion in logic? Do you have to edit the tail of EVERY pad? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Guru pad distortion in logic? Do you have to edit the tail of EVERY pad?

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

WilDFire

Guru pad distortion in logic? Do you have to edit the tail of EVERY pad?

Postby WilDFire » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi team - I searched for posts on this but didn't find any. When I use the most recent build of Guru in Logic 8, when I load samples I find that for many bass heavy samples (i.e. kickdrums) there is a high pitched distortion at the end of each pad. When I shorten the tail in the pad edit this goes away, but to get a "clean" kick (I have been using the Wave Alchemy drum samples) I have to shorten it so much that it sounds gated.

Have any others experienced this? I don't want to have to tweak the tails of EVERY sample I put in Guru to get a clean sound, nor do I want to have to add another reverb to get a natural ring out...

I know ultrabeat is a different program but when I load the same samples into it I don't get the same noise. I'll try and upload an example tonight.

Angus - any thoughts sir?

Cheers,
Alex

Return to “GURU”