Some minor problems with Guru CM, please help - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Some minor problems with Guru CM, please help

Support for GURU

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

VanillaBeans

Some minor problems with Guru CM, please help

Postby VanillaBeans » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:28 pm

I'm having some problems working with Guru CM when slicing loops. It's mostly because it automatically seems to put several layers into each pad. Is there any way to just have simple slicing behavior like in ableton live (just one sample per pad)?

And I also find that I have to open up the graph view and manually clear all the graphs under 'shift', 'layer', and 'velocity'. Otherwise when I fill in a pattern the wrong sample might be played for some of the notes/steps. Is there an option to quickly clear all the graphs/velocities?

I'm also experiencing a problem where none of my favorites folders show up when I launch it in Live 8. They show up fine in other hosts and in standalone mode. Any ideas why this might be happening?

If anyone could help me work this out I'd really appreciate it, Thanks :)

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:13 am

Pretty sure you're talking about Geist CM, no? Seems like it from your description. Please give the manual a read, as it does answer all of your questions. But for the slicing, try disabling 'classify' and 'use layers'.

VanillaBeans

Postby VanillaBeans » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:49 pm

Thanks for explaining. It was definitely GuruCM. Maybe I used the wrong terminology, but when I load up my own loops and click on the pads I get more than one different sound on each pad depending on the velocity I play it with. And if I enter a straight kick pattern for example, I'll get the odd hit that's not the same as the other ones, unless I first reset the graphs. This makes things a bit tedious when I simply want to slice loops into hits and lay down my own pattern.

I did look through the manual but didn't manage to find what I'm looking for. So I was hoping I could be directed to the right chapter.

Return to “GURU”