Forum

FXpansion Forum

Bad GUI on wrapped plugs?

Support for the VST To RTAS Adapter

Moderators: Drew_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, Moderators

rafael son

Bad GUI on wrapped plugs?

Postby rafael son » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:09 pm

Many of my wrapped VTS plugs (and instruments) work sort of, but have deformed GUI, so I can't always access controls.
On quite a few, I can only use presets from the lower-left dropdown and have no other controls.
Lots of wrong-color displays and blocks of white where it shouldn't be.

Am I doing something wrong? I've tried re-wrapping to no avail.
UAD plugs seem to work fine, although that has its own compatibility issue with PTLE...

OS X 10.5.8 PTLE 8.0.1sc2
MacbookPro 2.16ghz 3G-RAM
VST-RTAS v2.1.1

Thanks

walkea1

bump

Postby walkea1 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:35 pm

yeah this is my problem to. I also am unable to change the parameters, although that could be because I do not think GUI is displaying things in the right locations so I am clicking on the wrong areas.

I am running OSX 10.6.4 though and pro tools 8.04. Could one of those things be the problem?

rafael son

Postby rafael son » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:26 pm

I also am unable to change the parameters, although that could be because I do not think GUI is displaying things in the right locations so I am clicking on the wrong areas.

For me, the locations might be off, but mostly it's that the controls are displayed on a black background (sometimes white) with about 2% contrast. I can almost see them, but not quite.

I am running OSX 10.6.4 though and pro tools 8.04. Could one of those things be the problem?

I'm running under Leopard and have had this issue since PTLE 8.0 and perhaps before, so I don't think your OS or PT versions are the specific issue.

Also, when I have a VST plug's window up on the screen, it usually disables the space bar as a play/stop control. I have to either close the plugin's window, or click the on-screen transport controls with the mouse. This is a smaller problem than the GUI issue, but still a drag.

Is anyone from FXpansion reading? Thanks!

OS X 10.5.8 PTLE 8.0.1sc2
MacbookPro 2.16ghz 3G-RAM
VST-RTAS v2.1.1

smokey5100

Postby smokey5100 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:07 pm

I'm having a GUI problem with Electra X running on a Mac, PT9 & osx 10.6.5 Help Fxpansion!!!

molecola

voxengo drumformer no GUI

Postby molecola » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:51 pm

big hassle with my PAID brand new drumformer: white block, no interface. you MUST solve this, since we paid for your software.

Return to “VST To RTAS Adapter”