Forum

FXpansion Forum

Voxengo Plugins?

Support for the VST To RTAS Adapter

Moderators: Drew_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, Moderators

meklemm55

Voxengo Plugins?

Postby meklemm55 » Fri May 06, 2011 1:25 pm

Hi all -

I have attempted to wrap some of the free plugs from Voxengo (Beeper, Stereo Touch, MSED) but have been unsuccesful. When the Wrapper window is open, the plugs from Voxengo are grey in color, which is telling me they're incompatible. Here on the forums, I've learned that there is a VST Spec to consider... I guess the Wrapper like the VST Spec version to be 2.3 or older...

So then I was trying to figure out how to find which spec the Voxengo plugs subscribe to, guessing this could be the problemo.

So - the questions are (1) how might I find the spec a VST is subscribing to, and (2) are there any tricks I might employ to get these Voxengo plugs working (because they're super useful!)

Btw - my spec's are: Wrapper 2.1 (maybe 2.11??), PT 9.0.1, Win7 64 bit.

Thanks in advance!!

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Wed May 11, 2011 9:09 am

There is no easy way to tell what vst spec a plugin is using. Your best course of action is to contact the plugin developer and ask. We are always happy to work with developers to get their plugins working with the wrappers.

jonfuzzywallz

Me too kind of

Postby jonfuzzywallz » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:14 am

I attempted to wrap the newest mac versions of Voxengo's freebies (using newly-purchased VST-RTAS 2.1.1?) and the manager shows them as wrapped, but pro tools 9.03 doesnt even show a "wrapped" category in the plug-ins pull-down. WTF?

molecola

drumformer

Postby molecola » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:44 pm

i also got an issue with voxengo drumformer: it is correctly recognized and wrapped but when i instantiate in PT the plugin window shows up, with all the usual stuff on top but a big white blank screen where the plug's interface should be. the plugin is there, however: i can open the automation popup and all the parameters are in place. the point is, VST developers go ahead and since this is a paid software it has to keep on going.

white 2008 santarosa macbook running 10.6.8, PTLE 805, digi002R, VSTwrapper 2.11

Return to “VST To RTAS Adapter”