Forum

FXpansion Forum

Previously wrapped plugs removed when scan is run

Support for the VST To RTAS Adapter

Moderators: Drew_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, Moderators

kidfromkibbly

Previously wrapped plugs removed when scan is run

Postby kidfromkibbly » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:33 pm

Hey folks,

I'm having issues with version 2.1 of the wrapper on OSX 10.6.8 using Pro Tools 9.0.3.

I can scan and wrap my VSTs fine, they show up in the Digidesign plug ins folder with the VW_ prefix, and show up in Pro Tools.

The problem is that the next time I open the wrapper application and scan for new plug ins, the wrapped plug ins are removed from the Digidesign plug ins folder.

I tried changing the permissions on the .dpm files to read only, and the files weren't deleted, but this gives me a Pro Tools error when I try to insert them.

Have you any suggestions as to what might be the issue?

Thanks!

molecola

Postby molecola » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:37 pm

i got a similar program: after the first big scan and wrap, each time i reopen the wrapper the list is empty. the wrapper however stay in place and working. also, if i modify the plugin folders on the left preference pane, when i reopen the wrapper they go back before my custom settings. as it seems, the software doesnt keep the settings. on fxpansion website i found this in the faqs: "Mac OSX 10.5.x - Adapter preferences are not saved correctly - the adapter still functions however and wrapped plugins can still be used". i think i'll post a separate thread, however it seems fxpansion guys dont develope this anymore, shame on them.

kidfromkibbly

Postby kidfromkibbly » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:23 pm

molecola wrote:i got a similar program: after the first big scan and wrap, each time i reopen the wrapper the list is empty. the wrapper however stay in place and working. also, if i modify the plugin folders on the left preference pane, when i reopen the wrapper they go back before my custom settings. as it seems, the software doesnt keep the settings. on fxpansion website i found this in the faqs: "Mac OSX 10.5.x - Adapter preferences are not saved correctly - the adapter still functions however and wrapped plugins can still be used". i think i'll post a separate thread, however it seems fxpansion guys dont develope this anymore, shame on them.

I've noticed you've made your feelings felt on a number of threads, and I don't think your attitude will speed up the development in any way. There's nothing 'broken' about the adapter. It's the changes that have been made to the DAWs and plug-ins that result in the issues we're all experiencing. The dev team have stated before that they issue memos to plug in developers in order to maintain functionality and it's up to the other developers to implement these code parameters. They've also stated that an update is on the way.

Patience is a virtue.

molecola

Postby molecola » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:47 am

hi kid, you're right about my posts, but i think you missed the attitude: i made a separate post about my own problem (which was another one: the gui of a voxengo plugin going totally blank after being wrapped), then zapping around on the forum i noticed lots of users with similar problems and decided to add myself in those other threads, like i did with yours, because it was mine too (even if not exactly the same as yours, cause my dpms are kept even if the database is empty). the goal was not obviously to speed up the development but eventually find a solution, maybe from others' experience. and if fxpansion in the meantime would speed up, cool. i understand the changes to daws and vst specs result in those issues, however i think that the dev team has to keep up. i heard an update it's on the way, but i also know that the current 2.11 version was released 16.11.2006, which is a hell of a time ago (for your convenience, pro tools was 7.2 that day: to me, it's perfectly obvious that more and more issues come up). hope you solved: the wrapper not keeping the settings is a well known issue as it seems, but it shouldn't definitely cancel the dpms.

gruddlebug

Postby gruddlebug » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:15 pm

Hello,

A workaround is to drag all the VW_ wrapped plugins from the Digidesign Plug-Ins folder to the desktop, run the adapter and add any new ones you want to wrap, then drag the original wrapped ones back to the Digidesign Plug-Ins folder.

Return to “VST To RTAS Adapter”