Forum

FXpansion Forum

Issues With Wrapper - PT9 LE

Support for the VST To RTAS Adapter

Moderators: Drew_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, Moderators

Astral

Issues With Wrapper - PT9 LE

Postby Astral » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:53 pm

I'm ready to pitch the whole computer out the window in frustration with this so I hope someone can help. I'm running ProTools 9 LE on Windows 7 Professional. I installed the VST to RTAS2 software according to the instructions. Have tried to wrap multiple VSTs (again according to the instructions in the manual) from multiple sources to no avail. I know that some VSTs just can't be wrapped properly but these are common ones, being used successfully by other PT users. Every time I try and wrap a VST it just shows up greyed out with "NO" next to it. Attempts to re-wrap also fail. I have gone through this forum and many others. I have disabled UAC and uninstalled and re-installed the software, restarted the machine multiple times and still nothing. Attempts to wrap all plugins show up grey with "NO" beside them again. If someone could help me solve this issue once and for all so the money isn't wasted that was spent to acquire the software I would be eternally grateful. Thanks :)

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:05 pm

Are you sure they haven't been wrapped? There is a frustrating bug where the wrapper does not remember what has been wrapped between sessions and so will always put a NO in the Wrap column unless you've just wrapped it.

Alternatively, is the plugin is properly greyed out in the list, then it means the wrapper cannot load the plugin. Are you sure the plugins are installed and working correctly?

Which plugins are you trying to wrap?

Astral

Postby Astral » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:21 pm

We are trying to wrap MajorTom from Stillwell and VoxFormer from Voxengo. After the uninstall and re-install of the program and disabling UAC, we were able to get a "YES" next to Izotope Vinyl but it does not load properly in Pro Tools. Faders and controls are greyed out. If you click on the fader boxes, some will re-appear so you can adjust them but some don't. Interestingly, we have another version of Izotope Vinyl that we got pre-wrapped from the manufacturer and it loads properly. I know from reading the manual that some VSTs just can't be wrapped and that is an issue at the developer end, but Stillwell and Voxengo seem to be fairly well used plug ins....

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:14 pm

Looking at the Stillwell and Voxengo sites, it seems the majority of their plugins are based on VST2.4 code, which the wrappers don't support.

Izotope Vinyl comes with a native RTAS version (is this what you mean by pre-wrapped?) so there is no reason to wrap it.

Return to “VST To RTAS Adapter”