Forum

FXpansion Forum

Pro Tools 10 with VST to RTAS Adapter

Support for the VST To RTAS Adapter

Moderators: Drew_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, Moderators

RichWilley

Pro Tools 10 with VST to RTAS Adapter

Postby RichWilley » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:25 pm

I'm new here and very green in this whole area.

I have installed Pro Tools 10 on my Windows 7 system using the M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface.

I have Garritan Instruments from Finale 2009 that I want to use in Pro Tools 10.

I bought the FXpansion VST to RTAS adapter and thought I had correctly "wrapped" the ARIA instruments.

Now, in Pro Tools, when I try to insert the instruments, I have no access to these instruments.

I'm a dummy, yes, and could use some "instructions for dummies" to get this going, so someone with the same set-up who could walk me through this would be eligible for sainthood in my book.

Thanks in advance for any help you can throw my way.

Rich

RichWilley

Postby RichWilley » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:52 am

Since I already admitted I'm a dummy, it would appear (after some searching . . . and I really don't even know what to search for most of the time) that this adapter isn't compatible with Pro Tools 10. So, I've spent the money and have something that is totally useless to me . . . at the moment.

I read a post from November that a compatible version is "in the works" . . . when I purchased and downloaded this one, the ad copy said that it was compatible with Pro Tools 7 and up. Am I the only one who has been misled by that?

Is there anybody "in charge" of FXpansion here who reads these posts? I'd like to know how long I have to wait for this presently useless product that I've paid for to be upgradable to one that I can actually use.

Thanks.

naturalguitar

FXPANSION IS WACK

Postby naturalguitar » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:33 am

VST to RTAS WRAPPER IS A SHAM for people that are using the latest in software... They should be ashamed of the fact that a product that people paid for and expect to be able to trust... Doesn't work with the latest stuff that's out there... These issues have been complained about since 2011.... And, STILL not fix, or update, or email, or anything to all the people that spent their hard earned money on this piece of crap software that comes with an expiration date.... NEVER AGAIN.... FXPansion is WACK

drumstix

Postby drumstix » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:14 am

RichWilley wrote:Since I already admitted I'm a dummy, it would appear (after some searching . . . and I really don't even know what to search for most of the time) that this adapter isn't compatible with Pro Tools 10. So, I've spent the money and have something that is totally useless to me . . . at the moment.

I read a post from November that a compatible version is "in the works" . . . when I purchased and downloaded this one, the ad copy said that it was compatible with Pro Tools 7 and up. Am I the only one who has been misled by that?

Is there anybody "in charge" of FXpansion here who reads these posts? I'd like to know how long I have to wait for this presently useless product that I've paid for to be upgradable to one that I can actually use.

Thanks.

Yeah I got misled by the ad saying it was good with pt7 and up too. Not compatible with pt10? Well thats news to me.

Bit disappointed really. It seems like there are a lot of users gunning for an update so hopefully one isn't too far away..

ebroviak

Postby ebroviak » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:39 am

The VST to RTAS wrapper does work with Pro Tools 10; I just wrapped Vienna Instruments and it work. Of course, it still makes the weird noises when I hit stop but it did that ever since I bought it. Agree with all who say this thing is LONG overdue for an update - and fix the weird noises. I know its not VSI because the standalone player works just fine - just the RTAS version hoses up.

Return to “VST To RTAS Adapter”