Forum

FXpansion Forum

Compatibility with ProTools HDX 10

Support for the VST To RTAS Adapter

Moderators: Drew_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, Moderators

richardfurch

Compatibility with ProTools HDX 10

Postby richardfurch » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi there,
I inquired about the wrapper compatibility with ProTools HDX 10 and was told via email that it's compatible and that there is no demo.

So I bought the wrapper and it wraps all of my 117 plugins, but when I insert it in ProTools, no sound passes on any of the plug ins.
I repaired permissions, set permissions for the wrapper's folder, unwrapped, rewrapped, always the same.

Tech support has gone silent on me.

What gives please?
I'm on Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2

It is dawning on me that it might not be Lion compatible, but if that's the case, the tech supporter's answer that it's compatible with ProTools HDX 10 is incorrect, as HDX does not work on Snow Leopard or earlier.

Some clarification, please, and then we need a solution.
If the solution is months away, I kindly request a refund.

Thank you!

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi,

It should work without issue. However please note that the wrapper is intended for VST2.3 plugins, not VST2.4 plugins. It is possible this is the reason why it isn't working for you. Which plugins are you trying to wrap?

richardfurch

Postby richardfurch » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:58 pm

None of the plugins I'm trying to wrap pass audio, including Soundtoys bundle, all UAD.
The one I'm trying to wrap most is Sausage Fattener by Dada Life.
I left them a message to to figure out if it is VST 2.3 or 2.4

wdisounddept

Postby wdisounddept » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:24 pm

I am having the same issue. The wrapper worked fine on my Snow Leopard/ProTools 8 system. Upgraded to Lion/ProTools 10 HDX none of the wrapped plug-ins pass audio.

paddy_jordan

Audio not passing through wrapper

Postby paddy_jordan » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:26 pm

After reading numerous threads I'm getting extremely angry about the lack of response from fxpansion. drewfx occasionally responds to say the VST2.4 plugins don't work but i have to say that none of my wrapped plugins work (and they all worked perfectly fine before the upgrade to PT10 and Lion. FXPansion, you really need to hurry up and at least respond to your customers to let us know when an update is coming. Clearly this is a problem on a wide scale as many many users are reporting it.

Return to “VST To RTAS Adapter”