Web Slow, Downloads timing out - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Web Slow, Downloads timing out

Support for the FXpansion online shop, useraccounts, registering products and all other aspects of the FXpansion website

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry for the problems. BFD Percussion went over to amazon servers today. If you re-download you should see a vast speed improvement.

Scardanelli

Postby Scardanelli » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:48 pm

2013 and this is still not fixed??

Trying to download the BFD 2 content, since 6 this evening, now 1045pm - never gets past 300 mb or so, hangs, restarted, re-booted broadband (Virgin media fibre-optic) - no other sites slow tonight so assuming it's FX - other commentator right - I bought this today and wanted to use it today. If you cannot supply downloaded goods in a timely fashion then don't offer them. I bought BFD 1.5 on discs a few years back so didn't know I was going to have to wait hours - days - weeks? to get the newly paid for upgrade.

Now wishing I'd gone for Superior Drummer - the EZ drummer demo downloaded in minutes......

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:00 am

Scardanelli wrote:2013 and this is still not fixed??

Trying to download the BFD 2 content, since 6 this evening, now 1045pm - never gets past 300 mb or so, hangs, restarted, re-booted broadband (Virgin media fibre-optic) - no other sites slow tonight so assuming it's FX - other commentator right - I bought this today and wanted to use it today. If you cannot supply downloaded goods in a timely fashion then don't offer them. I bought BFD 1.5 on discs a few years back so didn't know I was going to have to wait hours - days - weeks? to get the newly paid for upgrade.

Now wishing I'd gone for Superior Drummer - the EZ drummer demo downloaded in minutes......

Amazon S3 servers are usually fast... Virgin however do throttle their speed

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/self ... TYPE=Cable

Rail

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:00 am

As Rail says they're coming from Amazon servers so I'm not sure what else we can do. Have you noticed any difference in the last 24 hours?

If you're still struggling, you can contact support and we can get you some disks sent out.

Scardanelli

Postby Scardanelli » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:02 pm

Hopeless! Managed one segment this morning on the Virgin connection, now waiting an inordinate amount of time at the studio on BT, no difference...it's not my ISP, I send and receive client files via Dropbox from home and studio every day and they pop down in minutes...

It's made worse by the fact that when it hangs, which it did several times at 300 MB and once at 1.3 GB, there seems to be no way to pick up from where it left off. I seem to recall other products (Pro Tools for one) have a better download service that carries on from where it dropped.

Whilst BFD is a great product, it does FXpansion no good to have so many people moaning about its download service - especially as this is (and certainly is the future) the core part of this business. There took me there are times in this industry when you need something quickly, - I'd loose clients in a blink if it took this long to deliver their files online.

No excuses. But somehow I don't think this'll change, something about the reputation of this company that suggests they'll eek out the server bandwidth until the very last, knowing that there ain't a lot we can do about it once the product's been bought.

I appreciate the comment from the FX moderator - but good customer service would have forward this thread to the relevant department, who would have e mailed me privately and arranged discs to be sent out. Poor customer service is letting the customer do all the running around - we all know what it's like raising a support ticket these days...

If the FX comment is not an employee of FX then apologies!
Simon

Scardanelli

Postby Scardanelli » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:02 pm

Hopeless! Managed one segment this morning on the Virgin connection, now waiting an inordinate amount of time at the studio on BT, no difference...it's not my ISP, I send and receive client files via Dropbox from home and studio every day and they pop down in minutes...

It's made worse by the fact that when it hangs, which it did several times at 300 MB and once at 1.3 GB, there seems to be no way to pick up from where it left off. I seem to recall other products (Pro Tools for one) have a better download service that carries on from where it dropped.

Whilst BFD is a great product, it does FXpansion no good to have so many people moaning about its download service - especially as this is (and certainly is the future) the core part of this business. There took me there are times in this industry when you need something quickly, - I'd loose clients in a blink if it took this long to deliver their files online.

No excuses. But somehow I don't think this'll change, something about the reputation of this company that suggests they'll eek out the server bandwidth until the very last, knowing that there ain't a lot we can do about it once the product's been bought.

I appreciate the comment from the FX moderator - but good customer service would have forward this thread to the relevant department, who would have e mailed me privately and arranged discs to be sent out. Poor customer service is letting the customer do all the running around - we all know what it's like raising a support ticket these days...

If the FX comment is not an employee of FX then apologies!
Simon

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:09 pm

Simon - as previously stated, the BFD2 audio content is currently on Amazon servers so you should be getting good speeds. I'm a little mystified why you wouldn't be. Is it a particular file you're having problem with, or all of them?

Scardanelli

Postby Scardanelli » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:02 pm

Hi Rory - still very very slow, got 3 out of 4 now, so getting there....

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:03 pm

What kind of speeds are you getting?

xstaticFX

Re: Web Slow, Downloads timing out

Postby xstaticFX » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:29 pm

Trying to download Geist from The Netherlands. Terrible speed, 18 kb/s
What's going guys?!

wrl

Re: Web Slow, Downloads timing out

Postby wrl » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:11 am

Trying to download BFD3 from Berlin. Attached is a screenshot comparing the speed of the download from FXpansion vs the download of a 1000mb test file from edis's Germany looking glass (http://de.edis.at/).

ISP is Deutsche Telekom.

fxp_speed.png
fxp_speed.png (58.26 KiB) Viewed 2331 times

Return to “FX Website Support”