Downloads are slower than old dialup connection.... - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Downloads are slower than old dialup connection....

Support for the FXpansion online shop, useraccounts, registering products and all other aspects of the FXpansion website

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

belegur

Downloads are slower than old dialup connection....

Postby belegur » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:12 am

Hey Guys...

I love your products.... I almost own every single one... just check my purchase history.

I decided to update Geist today after not doing so for a long time... I'm attempting to d/load the latest content files, but it's near impossible. The files are coming through from 7-30kb. Hell... it's even showing the download speed in bytes instead of kilobytes sometimes.

This is simply not acceptable.... It's taken almost 7 hours to get half of the first file...

I've just tested some downloads from 8dio, Soundiron, NI etc... and they're all motoring along like they normally do.

Can someone please look into what's happening with your server???

Cheers.
Mac Pro 3.33 6 Core, 24GB RAM, OS X 10.10.5, Pro Tools HD Native / OMNI, BFD2/3, DCAM, Strobe 2, Geist/2, Tremor, Bloom, Etch, Maul & lots of expansions.

HarmoNoise

Postby HarmoNoise » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:51 pm

Yo,

I couldn't agree more! The download speed is really annoying. It starts off hitting 13Meg and then drops straight down and sits around 100k? Whats the deal yo?

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:47 pm

Hi

Many apologies. Sometimes our servers get hammered. I've moved the Geist Factory content over to our Amazon S3 server, so it should be much quicker now. Please try redownloading the content.

Return to “FX Website Support”