Licence manager/install problem - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Licence manager/install problem

Support for the FXpansion online shop, useraccounts, registering products and all other aspects of the FXpansion website

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

qzic

Licence manager/install problem

Postby qzic » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:52 pm

I have BFD3, 2 &1 and a bunch of expansion packs. License manager used to be happy with all of my stuff but now (I changed my main drive to an SSD which might have upset LM) all but one exp pack status reads "Software not installed properly - please re-install". I did re-install one (Sig. Snares Vol 1) as a test but LM is still not happy. I did not change anything related to theses exp packs and all of the serials numbers show up??

What to do??
Sys1: Win 7 32, P4 3GHz, 2G RAM
Sys2: Win 7 x64, I7 2.85GHz, 12G RAM
EchoFire 8, MBox2.
Apps: Reaper (latest). BFD3.0.2.6, BFD2 2.3.1.6, BFD 1.5, BFD Per + numerous expansion packs, Adobe Audition 3.0 & CC, PTools 10.x, Tracktion, Cubase SX,

purtington

Re: Licence manager/install problem

Postby purtington » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:08 pm

qzic wrote:I have BFD3, 2 &1 and a bunch of expansion packs. License manager used to be happy with all of my stuff but now (I changed my main drive to an SSD which might have upset LM) all but one exp pack status reads "Software not installed properly - please re-install". I did re-install one (Sig. Snares Vol 1) as a test but LM is still not happy. I did not change anything related to theses exp packs and all of the serials numbers show up??

What to do??

Are you running the latest version of the manager? V.2.0.17.0

If not, uninstall or delete your current version before installing the new.

I have known some expansion packs install an older version of the licence manager that has over ridden the newer one and caused problems.

Also, run the license manager on it's own before starting up BFD3 and make sure you're logged in.

That's all I can suggest right now.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

qzic

Postby qzic » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:56 am

I am running the latest License manager. BTW, in BFD3 I can see and use (at least some of) the expansion packs that are supposedly not installed correctly but I would rather be sure everything is OK and have License manager happy. I would like to hear from an Fx dev what that message really means and how to fix this.
Sys1: Win 7 32, P4 3GHz, 2G RAM
Sys2: Win 7 x64, I7 2.85GHz, 12G RAM
EchoFire 8, MBox2.
Apps: Reaper (latest). BFD3.0.2.6, BFD2 2.3.1.6, BFD 1.5, BFD Per + numerous expansion packs, Adobe Audition 3.0 & CC, PTools 10.x, Tracktion, Cubase SX,

purtington

Postby purtington » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:24 am

qzic wrote:I would like to hear from an Fx dev what that message really means and how to fix this.

Have you contacted techsupport@fxpansion ?

That's the official method of getting tech support.

Is there a chance you may have exceeded your 3 authorizations for some of your expansion kits?

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

Return to “FX Website Support”