Roland TD 12 vs Yamaha DTXtreme III, Midi Speed, Latency, differences using BFD2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Roland TD 12 vs Yamaha DTXtreme III, Midi Speed, Latency, differences using BFD2

All about how to use edrums with BFD / BFD2

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

ribot

Roland TD 12 vs Yamaha DTXtreme III, Midi Speed, Latency, differences using BFD2

Postby ribot » Fri May 29, 2009 9:04 am

Hi, new to this forum and starting with e-drumming, I wonder which e-drum set I should get.
(I really love BFD2, fxpansion did an incredible job!!!)

I am planning to buy the Drum-Tec pads, which are imho far superior to Roland mesh heads/pads, the td-12 brain and a RME AIO pci express soundcard.

John recommends the Yamaha DTXtreme III (I do not like their pads). Is the Yamaha brain faster (in terms of MIDI triggering/transport/latency with bfd2) than the roland td-12 RME AIO solution?
I know a friend who uses the RME AIO with a buffer size of 32 without any problems!
Or is it clever to buy the Yamaha DTXtreme III brain and use their implemeted usb solution?

Is there a speed difference (midi speed) Roland TD-12 vs yamaha DTXtreme III brain?

Is there a speed difference (midi speed) RME AIO Midi (buffer size 32) vs Yamaha DTXtreme III USB with BFD2?

Which are the advantages of the Yamaha DTXtreme III Brain for using it with BFD2

Thanks and Greetings
Kai

Return to “Edrumming with BFD”