Trap KAT Key Maps - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Trap KAT Key Maps

All about how to use edrums with BFD / BFD2

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

john emrich
Righteous Drum Lord

Trap KAT Key Maps

Postby john emrich » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:08 pm

Hello,

I've added some maps for Alternate Mode's Trap KAT. You can also check out a couple of new videos at -

http://www.youtube.com/user/johnemrich - featuring BFD2 played live from a Trap KAT.

The Trap KAT files include the key map for BFD2 and a sysex file for the TrapKAT.

Have Fun!

John
Attachments
Trap Kat Files.zip
(32.86 KiB) Downloaded 70 times

greg.montano@gmail.com

Postby greg.montano@gmail.com » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:15 pm

Thanks for this! Need to get my trapkat repaired and then I will be all over this.

greg.montano@gmail.com

Postby greg.montano@gmail.com » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:11 pm

is the sysex file needed for trapkats with OS 4.0? Thanks

john emrich
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby john emrich » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:18 pm

Good question........ For Mario at Alternate Mode. ;)

Sorry, but he would have the answer.

John

greg.montano@gmail.com

Postby greg.montano@gmail.com » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:11 am

john, just got my trapkat back. Did you create the sysex with OS 3 or OS 4? Looks like I get a bunch of gibberish on my 4.0i OS when sending it the sysex file. I am pretty sure the format is different from 3 --> 4. Sorry if I am missing something obvious. Thanks. Greg

john emrich
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby john emrich » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:27 am

I believe it was set up with the latest software for the TrapKAT. Mario sent me the unit to program and we checked it with his stuff back at AM headquarters. It would be a good idea to check with him.

Sorry, but Mario will have more answers. I do not know the differences between the new OS4 system and previous versions for Alternate Mode.

John

greg.montano@gmail.com

Postby greg.montano@gmail.com » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:35 am

thanks john. i just got it working by not using MIDI OX. i have the BFD2 user kit loaded. Thanks for the reply!

foveus

TK + BFD2

Postby foveus » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:06 pm

John, or someone else ... I am brand new at this and am not quite sure how to go about getting this to work. Would someone mind doing a step by step tutorial beginning with the files. I use a Mac and TK XL with 4.0. It appears that there are at least 2 different subfolders in the BFD2 library called 'Maps' .. which one do the files go into? Also, I loaded the sysex file into the TK with sysex librarian ... but then what is needed on the TK to access it (user kit? factory kit? something else?). Where in BFD2 do you pull up the kit?

I'm obviously very new and very confused .. any help would be appreciated.

john emrich
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby john emrich » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:35 pm

Place the Maps into the folder on your mac. (Machintosh HD/Username/Documents/BFD2/Maps)

Once you the files placed there,make sure to do a trash and rebuild.

If you loaded the sysex correctly into the TrapKAT, the first user kit should be labled BFD2.

Hope this helps!

We do know that these files work. Mario and I have used them at a couple of different trade shows to load in my settings into trapKATs.

Good luck. Let me know if it works for you.

Merry Christmas,
John

foveus

BFD2 & TrapKAT

Postby foveus » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:27 pm

Thanks so much for the speedy reply John.
Yes, your suggestion worked .. as I can now see BFD2 on user kit 1 and TrapKAT as preset in BFD2.
My problem now is that I have absolutely no sound coming from BFD2 .. in fact I have never had sound since it was installed a few days ago. Interestingly, when I strike a pad on the TK the commensurate drum in BFD2 lights up so I know it is receiving the appropriate midi info from the TK. I'm sure I am missing something simple but again, any advice would be helpful. I have played with the audio inputs and the midi setup in OS X but still nothing.

john emrich
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby john emrich » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:26 pm

Are you pointed to the audio out on your interface? What are you using?

You say that you have never heard a sound? Do you see drums in the kit piece slots? Did you run the installer to load in the same data?

John

foveus

problems ..

Postby foveus » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:32 pm

Yes, I have never heard sounds .. I do see kit pieces and they seem to be triggered by the TK perfectly, I just don't hear sound. I have tried it with a USB to Midi cable (Midisport Uno) and I did direct it to that input but nothing (the same setup worked well with EZDrummer, there was sound). I also tried it with the Focusrite Saffire 24 Pro and the MBox 2 ... in BFD2 standalone and as a ProTools plugin .. and again nothing.

thanks for the reply .. still stranded unfortunately

john emrich
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby john emrich » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:07 pm

Where do you have the data?

Look at that data path. It should be BFD2/Audio/names.

Pick one of those names (instruments) and look into the hit folder. What type of file extension do you see for those "Master" files.

John

foveus

Postby foveus » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:52 am

they are all .wav files

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:59 am

Have you loaded a BFD2 preset?

Load a preset and post a screen shot.

Rail

Return to “Edrumming with BFD”