Trap KAT Key Maps - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Trap KAT Key Maps

All about how to use edrums with BFD / BFD2

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

foveus

Postby foveus » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:34 am

I believe this is my fundamental issue .. when I load presets/kits nothing happens. On the Kit page all the drums are white and the selections generic .. when I right click and select 'kit pieces' there are no items available in the sub-menu. At the top, when I click the 'load BFD2 preset' I see a lot of choices (back to the 70's etc) .. but again when I click Load or double click nothing really happens. There are still no drums available to play or kit pieces to load. When I hit the pads on the TrapKAT they are triggering the virtual drums but there is still no sound at all.

so very frustrating ....

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:19 am

That indicates you have an install problem.. you haven't set the data path correctly, so BFD2 can't locate the sample data.. you'll probably see the kit pieces listed in red in the preset dialog.

Please post in the BFD2 section and we'll try and fix your issue.

Rail

foveus

Postby foveus » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:22 am

I loaded all the install discs in order .. is there anything else that manually needs to be done? I would have assumed that the basic installation would have put all the kits where they needed to be. Should I reinstall it?

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:29 am

Well, we'd need to know where you installed the data... and if the data path in the BFD2 data prefs match the path where you installed the data to... if yes then press the button to Trash & Rebuild the Databases.. if that doesn't work start a new thread in the BFD2 section of this board.

Rail

foveus

Postby foveus » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:36 am

I tried the trash and rebuild, as per John's instructions, after loading his settings. But still the same story. I guess I will start another thread in BFD2 section. I'm surprised this is stumping people, I assumed it would be an easy fix. Bummer.

foveus

Fixed

Postby foveus » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:20 pm

I want to thank everyone for helping me with this. The reason why the kits weren't showing up was because I had dragged BFD2 and its supporting files into a previously created "Music Apps" folder in my applications menu. I like to keep all my music programs in one folder for easier access but I assume BFD2 could not find the files there since they were installed somewhere else. By placing BFD2 back in the application folder on my hard drive everything seemed to work well .. the kits are available and loadable and the TrapKAT works beautifully with it.

Thanks again

Return to “Edrumming with BFD”