BFD2 and PD125/TD8 articulations - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD2 and PD125/TD8 articulations

All about how to use edrums with BFD / BFD2

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

lejuames

BFD2 and PD125/TD8 articulations

Postby lejuames » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:38 pm

Hi can anyone explain to me how to get a natural snare response,im looking for 3 articulations to work together i.e snare hit,rimshot and sidestick, im new to BFD2 so bear with me.i have tried messing around with variable articulations on hit/half hit slider,what am i doing wrong or is this not possible,i dunno.im using PD125 snare through roland TD8 which are supposed to be operational with these articulations.

braziliansinger

Well, I need the opposite, perhaps you can help

Postby braziliansinger » Tue May 07, 2013 8:07 pm

I am a new with BFD2 as well and I would like to have the snare Hit, Rimshot and SideStick in separate tracks. How do I to separate articulations in different tracks? Many thanks. Paulo

john emrich
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby john emrich » Wed May 08, 2013 11:41 am

This will address both of your posts.

By default, you should get a natural response out of the different snare articulations. That said, it will depend on the snare you choose and how you have your td8 set up. That is an older unit. The variable artic won't help much with the td8. Instead, you should be looking at e main page and work with the Vel-> Amp slider for each different articulation. Check your manual for more details on these functions.

Separate outs? Sorry, but that is only possible if you install the same snare in multiple slots. That is not normal for any situation.... That would also go the opposit way from a natural response that you asked for in the first post.

Hope this helps,
John

Return to “Edrumming with BFD”