BFD2 v2.3.0.15 PUBLIC BETA RELEASED ...With 64-bit support. - Page 8 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD2 v2.3.0.15 PUBLIC BETA RELEASED ...With 64-bit support.

Support for BFD2 Acoustic Drum Workstation

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

Danharr

"Default MIDI Map was not found - please reinstall BFD2"

Postby Danharr » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:49 pm

same here-
I too get the following message:
I get it running 32 bit Nuendo 5.5 on a 64 bit machine running W7-64. I don't think I get the message when running Nuendo in 64 bit mode, but I admit I'm not sure- I don't use 64 bit Nuendo, waiting for Waves to go 64 bit...

BuckNodules

"Default MIDI Map was not found - please reinstall BFD2" rev. 2.3.0.15 (64 bit)

Postby BuckNodules » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:56 pm

I started receiving this message after I installed Sonar X1c. Prior to that I had no problems running stand alone or as a plug-in. Now it pops up every time I start the plug-in or use it stand-alone. So far it doesn't appear to have any effect on BFD2. Everything so far works fine.

i7 920 - PT6 Deluxe - 12 GB running Win 7 with the latest updates.....

Windowman

Postby Windowman » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:03 am

jesussaddle wrote:One issue - annoying but at least it runs... "default midi map not found - please re-install bfd2...

Windowman wrote:I'm having the same issue.

wxyz wrote:Similar problem with Cubase 6 and Vista 64 SP2, but it does leave a crash file

koolbass wrote:I'm also having the message come up about the midi drum map...I'm running Win7 64-bit, Sonar X1c with 12 GB of ram and an Intel 980X hexcore cpu...

koolbass wrote:More specifically, when I boot up Sonar X1c, while the VSTs are loading, I get an "Alert" message saying, "Default MIDI Map was not found - please reinstall BFD2"...

Danharr wrote:same here-
I too get the following message:
I get it running 32 bit Nuendo 5.5 on a 64 bit machine running W7-64...

How many complaints about the same issue need to be posted before Fxpansion replies? This is becoming very annoying & it's not something I want to deal with every time I open a project. Please resolve this issue! I'm on a Vista machine, 32 bit, REAPER DAW.

BuckNodules

Beta Version

Postby BuckNodules » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:25 pm

Windowman wrote: "How many complaints about the same issue need to be posted before Fxpansion replies? This is becoming very annoying & it's not something I want to deal with every time I open a project. Please resolve this issue! I'm on a Vista machine, 32 bit, REAPER DAW."

Remember that this is a Beta Version that is intended to wring out the bugs. The final release I guess would resolve this and all other known issues but that may be some time from now.

Danharr

Postby Danharr » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:05 pm

Just want to mention that with this beta release I find that when I re-load a song BFD won't remember any drums I changed from a previous session. For example, I changed the kick drum to a Ludwig in a kit on a song. Whenever I re-load that song the kick is blank and must be loaded manually. Is this related to the "default midi map" problem?

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:36 pm

Default MIDI map issue people: please reinstall the BFD 2.3 update. Do NOT install anything else as a patch for the MIDI map issue - there are changes to the resources in the BFD 2.3 update, including MIDI maps. Now run BFD2 standalone again. If/when pain persists, close BFD2 standalone, and send support the BFD2 runtime log (you can get to the runtime log by using the start menu: All Programs | FXpansion | BFD2 | User Settings will open Explorer, open the "Runtime Logs" folder, send us the runtime log that has no date in its name - that is the latest and greatest).

We are trying to nail one or two last obscure/hard-to-repro-crash cases at present before releasing the next public beta.
SKoT McDonald
CTO FXpansion]

lorcan

Postby lorcan » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:06 am

SKoT_FX wrote:Default MIDI map issue people: please reinstall the BFD 2.3 update. Do NOT install anything else as a patch for the MIDI map issue - there are changes to the resources in the BFD 2.3 update, including MIDI maps. Now run BFD2 standalone again. If/when pain persists, close BFD2 standalone, and send support the BFD2 runtime log (you can get to the runtime log by using the start menu: All Programs | FXpansion | BFD2 | User Settings will open Explorer, open the "Runtime Logs" folder, send us the runtime log that has no date in its name - that is the latest and greatest).

We are trying to nail one or two last obscure/hard-to-repro-crash cases at present before releasing the next public beta.

Hi, I followed the steps you highlighted and still got the dreaded message, suning Win7/64 and Reaper/32 (ran standalone 64 & 32 before, in that order), so here is the log
Attachments
BFD2 Runtime.log
BFD2 log
(25.78 KiB) Downloaded 85 times

Danharr

Don't know if this helps or not...

Postby Danharr » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:23 pm

I tried loading the beta version that I've had on my computer for 3-4 weeks in standalone mode just now. Actually I tried both 64 and 32 bit versions, and DIDN'T get the "default midi map" warning.

So then I loaded Nuendo (32 bit) and a song with BFD, and I GOT the warning again...

So IT SEEMS I don't get the warning standalone and do get it from within Nuendo. In this case would you still want the error log?

Thanks,
Dan

Puranon

Postby Puranon » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:30 pm

BFD2 crashes whenever the x64 VST host is over a certain amount of RAM.

RAM was 5.44 GB / 16 GB

Crash (Got white GUI while loading BFD)

Repeated under Cubase 6.0.3 64-bit

rak

Postby rak » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:26 am

Hi,
is it just a message that doesn't have any further impact on performance and operation? I seem to be able to just work in a normal, unaffected way after that message appeared.... I load my kit and keymap and that's it. Am I wrong in my assumption?

Many thanks for clarification!
best regards!

duojet

Postby duojet » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:51 pm

I have the same issue (default midi map not found) running 64 bit windows 7, however, I notice it does not happen if I run reaper as administrator. Hopefully this helps in fixing the bug.

Edit - OK, some more info. This happens for me in reaper and xlutop chainer (vsthost), but not in ableton live 8. In reaper and chainer, I need to run as administrator to avoid the message, in ableton live I don't have to run as admin.

djangodeadman

Postby djangodeadman » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:00 pm

I was having the defuault midi map problem running with Cubase 6 32 Bit and Windows 7 64 Bit. I was also getting an error when trying to load effects into the mixer, stating that the preset file could not be found. The effect was not then loaded, although some kind of generic GUI was.

Running Cubase as an administrator seems to have resolved both issues.

Fenta7

BFD2 v2.3.0.15 PUBLIC BETA will install but will not load the drum pieces in Window 7 64 bit SP1

Postby Fenta7 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:44 pm

I have a computer with Windows 7 64 bit SP1, 16 gigs of ram, I7 2600k, 1 tarabyte hard drive and an audiophile 192 sound card. I bought BFD2 a few years ago. It works really good on windows XP. I have now upgraded to Window 7 64 bit SP1. I tried installing the BFD from my disc and it said it insalled unsuccessfuly so I went on line to see if there was and update. I found BFD2 v2.3.0.15 PUBLIC BETA. I ran a back up so I would have my Window 7 back before I installed any BFD2. I installed the BFD2 BFD2 v2.3.0.15 PUBLIC BETA. It installed correctly but there were no kit pieces to load with this update. I went to my BFD2 discs and started to copy the kit pieces over to the hard drive in the BFD2 folder. BFD2 detected that I needed to authorize the software and the kit pieces. I did all that. worked fine it said I was authorized. I went to select my kit pieces. I could see the image of the drum, but when I clicked to load the drum it would only load the image and not the audio associated with the kit piece.

I copied all the BFD deluxe drum pieces to the BFD2 Folder, ran Trash and rebuild all databases and again they would show the image but the audio that was associated with the image did not load. When I ran the License Manager it did not detect that I even had BFD deluxe drums, so I ran the BFD deluxe disc 1 and it said it has unsuccessfully installed, but it showed in License Manager that I had BFD deluxe drums that I could authorize.

Can someone please tell me how I can get BFD2 working and how to use (install) my expansion packs (BFD deluxe, 8bit kit XFL and even the drums from my BFD1 disc).

Thank you

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:28 pm

You cannot copy the audio data from the installer DVDs - you must run the installer to uncompressed the audio files

Rail

Fenta7

Window 7 64 bit / BFD2 Using the installer on the original DVDs to get the drum sounds

Postby Fenta7 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:21 pm

I did use the installer. It wants to install BFD2 from the disc. When I do that is stops on the first disc and says that it has installed incorrectly and will not continue to the next disc (disc 2). Is there an installer for just installing the drum part or the installation. I even tried this on the expansion packs as well. Please help.

Brad
If someone wans to cal me I would really appreciate it

Thank you

Return to “BFD2”