No more authentications available for this ownership! - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

No more authentications available for this ownership!

Support for BFD2 Acoustic Drum Workstation

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

chepi

No more authentications available for this ownership!

Postby chepi » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:05 pm

Hi

I've got a problem with the authorisation of my BFD2 plugs.
After a hard disk crash I had to install a new one, and I used to install
my complete system new.now I wanted to authorize my BFD plugs with the
authoration request but I got the message "No more authentications available for this ownership!"
I think it's the 4th time I had to reinstall all my DAW system becaus of hardware updates.
What can I do to get new licence files ?
Thanks for help

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi,

Just sorted this for you. In future it's recommended to contact us through our support ticket area in your user-account.

chepi

Postby chepi » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:21 pm

Ok ! I'll do ...
But - great support !! Not even 5 minutes or so ...

Thank you very much !!

dysamoria

Postby dysamoria » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:21 pm

Same problem but no known reason for it to have happened.

Can you PLEASE put some kind of interface on the website so we users can delete old authorizations that no longer are valid configurations for whatever reason that the authorization manager decided that our computers changed? i haven't changed hardware on this machine in way over a year. Maybe two years ago i replaced the hard drive. This situation happened to me this week, twice, but this time i'm out of authorizations.

lorcan

Postby lorcan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:59 pm

I second the request for deleting unused authorizations through the user panel, or alternatively, ilok.

Cheers,

Lorcan

dysamoria

Postby dysamoria » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:25 pm

lorcan wrote:I second the request for deleting unused authorizations through the user panel, or alternatively, ilok.

Cheers,

Lorcan

iLok? NO, please.

lorcan

Postby lorcan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:01 pm

dysamoria wrote:iLok? NO, please.

Why not ? It's really very convenient, you can use your software anywhere, a great proportion of commercial plugins use it, and it's quite cheap (35€). If the company goes out of business, you can still use your software, and you can insure the key for a fee if you're afraid of losing it. Seems like the pros outweigh the cons ...

dysamoria

Postby dysamoria » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:13 pm

lorcan wrote:

Why not ? It's really very convenient, you can use your software anywhere, a great proportion of commercial plugins use it, and it's quite cheap (35€). If the company goes out of business, you can still use your software, and you can insure the key for a fee if you're afraid of losing it. Seems like the pros outweigh the cons ...

1. Limited USB ports on laptop (2 on this one).
2. Nothing USB is ever officially supported through hubs. All product makers expect you to use direct connections.
3. Dongles can be lost easily, be stolen, break and just plain become corrupted. "Careful" isn't relevant to reality.
4. Dongles require drivers and associated management software. (complexity is the direct opponent of reliability, and i've seen plenty problems) This stuff also adds startup time to the software and OS.
5. Company going out of business doesn't save you when the dongle dies or gets lost, etc.
6. My money goes to the product i wish to use, not the associated politics of copy-protection engineering, support and replacement.
7. OS upgrades (not just the product you bought but the security stuff, usually third party components, have to be updated too).
8. Ethics: Why is it my responsibility to deal with copy-protection tools when i paid for the product? i'm not the enemy.

Do you have lots of pro products? How many dongles are we expected to have? Three? Six? How do you juggle their connections? Travel with them? Do you know how many different license management tools you have installed on your computer and what memory and CPU usage they're consuming? Some systems conflict with each other, too, though i have no personal experience with this, so it's hearsay.

i feel there's more to say, but... well... there you go. :-)

lorcan

Postby lorcan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:40 pm

dysamoria wrote:
lorcan wrote:

1. Limited USB ports on laptop (2 on this one).
2. Nothing USB is ever officially supported through hubs. All product makers expect you to use direct connections.
3. Dongles can be lost easily, be stolen, break and just plain become corrupted. "Careful" isn't relevant to reality.
4. Dongles require drivers and associated management software. (complexity is the direct opponent of reliability, and i've seen plenty problems) This stuff also adds startup time to the software and OS.
5. Company going out of business doesn't save you when the dongle dies or gets lost, etc.
6. My money goes to the product i wish to use, not the associated politics of copy-protection engineering, support and replacement.
7. OS upgrades (not just the product you bought but the security stuff, usually third party components, have to be updated too).
8. Ethics: Why is it my responsibility to deal with copy-protection tools when i paid for the product? i'm not the enemy.

Do you have lots of pro products? How many dongles are we expected to have? Three? Six? How do you juggle their connections? Travel with them? Do you know how many different license management tools you have installed on your computer and what memory and CPU usage they're consuming? Some systems conflict with each other, too, though i have no personal experience with this, so it's hearsay.

i feel there's more to say, but... well... there you go. :-)

2. I have an iLok, steinberg dongle, codemeter, and matrixlock keys working perfectly through a cheap taiwanese hub here. I'm not saying there aren't any problems, I just haven't encouentered them myself (PC/Mac)
3. of course, but it seems to me software based measures are less robust in that matter in general
4. agreed it's a pain to install drivers. The matrixlock doesn't need any though, somehow they managed to get it working without. But going through all those CR procedures takes (much) longer when you have more than a few products
5. sometimes you can get a replacement with the dongle manufacturer. With CR you're stuffed
6/8. in a perfect world no copy protection would be needed. But up to now no or easily crackable CP means less revenue for the developper, and I suppose this means having to raise the cost of software for legitimate customers
7. sorry, not sure what you mean here

From my point of view, and believe me I don't have that much money to spare, dongles are the best compromise both for the developper and user with the current state of affairs. Unfortunately no CP system is perfect, nor uncrackable. It seems the Steinberg key holds really well against crackers though. Very reliable too.

GooseWashigton

Re: No more authentications available for this ownership!

Postby GooseWashigton » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:21 pm

Good evening, friend! I wanted to try to improve my business and found a great website https://voiptimecloud.com/call-center where I got a great call center. Now all my clients are in one large database, with which you can very easily contact everyone via any messenger or SMS. I advise you to try it!

Return to “BFD2”