Exported BFD2 audio wav files import back into Cubase out of sync - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Exported BFD2 audio wav files import back into Cubase out of sync

Support for BFD2 Acoustic Drum Workstation

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

curehead

Exported BFD2 audio wav files import back into Cubase out of sync

Postby curehead » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:43 am

When I export audio from BFD2 it is out of sync with the other tracks when it comes back into the the host.I have found people reporting similar problems round the web but as yet have found no answer.

I'm using Cubase 5.5
A Focusrite Pro 24 Dsp interface
12 Gig of ram
Quad Core Amd processor in Windows 7 (tweaked for max music power)

Surely I'm not expected to nudge the audio every time I want to export and bounce down a drum mix? That wouldn't be very pro-friendly would it?

john emrich
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby john emrich » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:35 pm

What are the steps you are taking to export the BFD2 track? Are you adding any other effects plug ins in Cubase when you export?

John

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:29 am

There's no latency in BFD2, and no lead time of zeroes from BFD2's built-in export.

Are you exporting from within Cubase - using Cubase's export, or BFD2's built-in export? BFD2's export will not know about any latency compensation Cubase may be performing behind BFD2's back to deal with other effects and synths in your project.
SKoT McDonald
CTO FXpansion]

curehead

Postby curehead » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:01 pm

The full groove is in Cubase (as the BFD2 drum track crashes Cubase whenever you try to delete any grooves from the track)
I am using export from BFD with host control checked.
The only synth running is BFD everything else is tracked.

aburakov

Postby aburakov » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:19 pm

why not just freeze?

curehead

Postby curehead » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:20 pm

Sorry mate have no idea what "Just Freeze" means... ;)

aburakov

Postby aburakov » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:25 pm

curehead wrote:Sorry mate have no idea what "Just Freeze" means... ;)

Cubase had freeze functionality since forever. It's like "offline render" but without the hassle of importing tracks etc.

curehead

Postby curehead » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:28 pm

can you give me a very quick example please mate? I've been using Cubase for close on 20 years but never come across that one. I've only recently gotten into mixing my own stuff. I used to make do with BFD as it was and just export all the tracks in BFD 1 and send them off to the producer.

I want the individual drum tracks to mis myself without them going out of synch...

Thanks for your time mate...

aburakov

Postby aburakov » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:51 pm

curehead wrote:can you give me a very quick example please mate? I've been using Cubase for close on 20 years but never come across that one. I've only recently gotten into mixing my own stuff. I used to make do with BFD as it was and just export all the tracks in BFD 1 and send them off to the producer.

I want the individual drum tracks to mis myself without them going out of synch...

Thanks for your time mate...

i don't use Cubase myself, so i can't say how to do it exactly. but i'm sure you'll find plenty of videos on youtube. although something tells me it's not exactly what you need. if you have used REAPER, i would tell you how to "record" multitrack output into separate tracks, but i don't know if Cubase is that flexible. but i'm sure Cubase can do multitrack export, which will give you something close to what you are looking for.

Return to “BFD2”