BFD 3 Ad - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD 3 Ad

Support for BFD2 Acoustic Drum Workstation

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

Strumlord

BFD 3 Ad

Postby Strumlord » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:57 am

I got this free mag in the mail and found this inside. Stoked!!!
Attachments
bfd3.jpeg
bfd3.jpeg (641.13 KiB) Viewed 4875 times

Strumlord

Postby Strumlord » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:10 am

purtington wrote:Are you sure it's not a hoax ?
What was the free mag and does it have an on line site ?

Steve

Definitely not a hoax. I took the picture from the magazine myself. There's actually a small write up in the mag that reads as follows....

Hot Off The Press

Fxpansion BFD 3.0 in Developement

Just before going to print, we were told that the next incarnation of Fxpansion's hugely popular acoustic drum workstation, BFD, is under development. The details themselves, however, are very much veiled in mystery. We can report what one of the development team at Fxpansion has told us. "We're very excited about unleashing some unique new features that will take software drum realism to a new level". Feeling suitably teased and excited? We are! We're expecting BFD 3.0 sometime later this year... Stay tuned for a full review.

The mag is Ask Audio
AskAudioMag.com/AskVideo.com
Last edited by Strumlord on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Strumlord

Postby Strumlord » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:24 am

purtington wrote:
Strumlord wrote:
purtington wrote:Are you sure it's not a hoax ?
What was the free mag and does it have an on line site ?

Steve

Definitely not a hoax. I took the picture from the magazine myself. There's actually a small write up in the mag that reads as follows....

Hot Off The Press

Fxpansion 3 in Developement

Just before going to print, we were told that the next incarnation of Fxpansion's hugely popular acoustic drum workstation, BFD, is under development. The details themselves, however, are very much veiled in mystery. We can report what one of the development team at Fxpansion has told us. "We're very excited about unleashing some unique new features that will take software drum realism to a new level". Feeling suitably teased and excited? We are! We're expecting BFD 3.0 sometime later this year... Stay tuned for a full review.

The mag is Ask Audio
AskAudioMag.com/AskVideo.com

Ahh I see, I thought perhaps it was suggesting that it was due for imminent release like in the next week or so which I'd very much doubt. Interesting though :D
I do know it's in development and am thinking maybe autumn or xmas time but who knows.

Steve

Right,
I figured most everyone here knows it's in development already and that this was really nothing new so I didn't include the article in the original post. But seeing the full page ad and hearing that it should come out sometime this year got me fired up!

rounik

Postby rounik » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Hey guys,

Exec. Editor of AskAudio Mag here...

I can confirm the ad is genuine... and the mag is, um "free" to members of macproVideo.com... and available to buy for iPad and iPhone on the iOS App Store :)

Enjoy the mag!!

Rounik Sethi
Executive Editor, AskAudio Magazine | macProVideo.com
http://www.askaudiomag.com

rounik

Postby rounik » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:19 pm

Hi Steve, :)

[/quote]Hi rounik and thanks for verifying the add, not that I would suggest Strumlord is telling porkies

When you say it's free, in what format ? Is it free as a paper magazine or just the on line version ?
Cheers

Steve

Monthly subscribers to macProVideo.com can opt-in to get the print magazine for free (including free delivery). Otherwise, it can be purchased from newsstands across N. America only... or if you own an iPad or iPhone you can download the free app and purchase any issue there :)

btw, I see you're in Bristol. Small world! :)

Strumlord

Postby Strumlord » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:35 pm

Hi Rounik,
Thanks for dropping by. I just wanted to say that this was the first mag that I received and that I really liked it. And Ask Video?????...... AWESOME site. I'm a visual and hands on kind of learner and this site was just what I was looking for to help me break into PC based music production. Loads of great and very informative material there. So yeah.... Thanks. I really hope to see a video series for BFD on the horizon.

rounik

Postby rounik » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:39 pm

Hi Strumlord,

Thank you guys for the warm welcome! I'm a fan of FXpansion but never posted on these forums before.

... and really glad you're enjoying the current issue of AskAudio Mag! It's still a relatively new venture for us... but one we're enjoying very much. KNowing that you appreciate AskVideo.com also makes us feel very happy!!

BFD video training... I don't see why not. I'll pass this on to our head of video publishing.

Thanks again for your kind words!

Dragonlips

Postby Dragonlips » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:46 pm

Latest edition of recording magazine has a FULL half page ad on BFD 3. I've attached a picture of it to this post. Looks VERY JUICY!
Attachments
IMAG0943.jpg
IMAG0943.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 4725 times

Jan.Schoene

Postby Jan.Schoene » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:49 am

Sadly www.fxpansion.com/bfd3 cannot be found ... :shock:
To avoid questions:
MacBook Pro Retina, Core i7 2,6GHz, 16GB RAM, OS X 10.14.6, Logic Pro X, Cubase Pro 10, BFD3 (always latest stable), BFD Eco, BFD Eco DV

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:29 pm

DragonLips - are you a subscriber to Recording Mag? We've been taken a little by surprise as we weren't expecting it out in the world until the end of the month (hence the 404 on the url - web team are working furiously to get something up there!).

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:28 am

purtington - thanks but that's the AskAudio mag, I was refering to the Recording Magasine ad that DragonLips posted.

Web team will have something on that url shortly. Sorry for the confusion all!

rak

Postby rak » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:01 am

:wink: just a short line on the update price for BFD2 owners and online shop release date will do for me :D
(I suppose it will be 100% backwards compatible and read all expansion packs flawlessly, right?)
Will there be other new expansion packs available with BFD3's release?

Looking forward to it...

regards, rak

Dragonlips

Postby Dragonlips » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:03 pm

Rory_FX wrote:DragonLips - are you a subscriber to Recording Mag? We've been taken a little by surprise as we weren't expecting it out in the world until the end of the month (hence the 404 on the url - web team are working furiously to get something up there!).

Hi Rory- Yeah, I'm a subscriber. Maybe I got my copy before it hit newstands? I see that the URL is up! :)

Benoni

Postby Benoni » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:57 pm

FX posted a youtube teaser video about BFD3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9_MJSomO_A

Jan.Schoene

Postby Jan.Schoene » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:15 pm

Sounds great :-) - great to hear some news on BFD and good old acoustic drums.
To avoid questions:
MacBook Pro Retina, Core i7 2,6GHz, 16GB RAM, OS X 10.14.6, Logic Pro X, Cubase Pro 10, BFD3 (always latest stable), BFD Eco, BFD Eco DV

Return to “BFD2”