BFD 3 Ad - Page 6 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD 3 Ad

Support for BFD2 Acoustic Drum Workstation

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

jackn2mpu

Postby jackn2mpu » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Rhytenow wrote:I'm not explaining anything. Believe what you want.
Just like I thought - when challenged you can't back up what you post. Or are afraid to. No guts. At least I admitted where I was wrong - the least you could do is to post your source for the picture you posted - assuming it's legit and not a trade show shot from Winter NAMM 2013.
Jack
Pro Tools 2019.6
2012 Mac Pro cheesegrater, 3.46 GHz hex core cpu, 48 gig ram, OSX 10.13.6
BFD 3 and plenty more

Qapla

Rhytenow

Postby Rhytenow » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:59 pm

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha lol. Ha ha ha ha! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jackn2mpu

Postby jackn2mpu » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Rhytenow wrote:Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha lol. Ha ha ha ha! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now this is real mature from someone who thinks themselves my elder and better. About to be expected from someone who posts something and can't back up how he got the picture. Methinks it's not kosher, and certainly not his computer but one from fxpansion.
Jack
Pro Tools 2019.6
BFD 3 and plenty more

Qapla

Rhytenow

Postby Rhytenow » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:10 pm

More lulz. :D

Rhytenow

Postby Rhytenow » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:13 pm

First, my information is bogus, which I proved it wasn't. Then my information is illegal.....too funny.

You must be new to the interwebz.

jackn2mpu

Postby jackn2mpu » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:14 pm

purtington wrote:
I'm not paying an extra $50 to get something I can download via FIOS broadband in probably under an hour and burn dvd's of to have a safety copy.

Wow, don't what your broadband is but I'm on 60Mb and it took me just under 8 hours to download the core data which is 37.9 GB.
That was good enough for me though, I just started it at midnight and it was there waiting for me at breakfast.
I suspect when it's released those down speeds could be a lot longer due to traffic though.

Steve
Don't forget it's not only download speeds but server load as well. If the server is slow or the path to the server is slow then that will drastically cut your download speed. I've had some 200 meg downloads that have taken longer than something a couple of gig in size due to that factor. Native Instruments for instance has a real slow server on their end.

edit for additional: fxpansion just posted '3 Days' on their Facebook page; we're guessing 3 days until BFD3 which would put it on Monday.
Jack
Pro Tools 2019.6
BFD 3 and plenty more

Qapla

jord

Postby jord » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:03 pm

Honestly, for me, I have unlimited usage on my internet connection so I have no reason not to use it. If FXPansion is using something like AWS, we shouldn't expect too much of a hit in download performance. However, we shall see.

A Monday release would definitely make a happy ending to what was an otherwise crappy month (this, and the re-mastered version of Rush's Vapor Trails :D).

jord
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

jackn2mpu

Postby jackn2mpu » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:13 pm

jord wrote:Honestly, for me, I have unlimited usage on my internet connection so I have no reason not to use it. If FXPansion is using something like AWS, we shouldn't expect too much of a hit in download performance. However, we shall see.

A Monday release would definitely make a happy ending to what was an otherwise crappy month (this, and the re-mastered version of Rush's Vapor Trails :D).

jord
My internet connection is wired so there's no limit there.

Re-mastered Vapor Trails? Nice. Does it say so on the cd case? I'd hesitate ordering it online unless I got assurance I was getting the new one.
Jack
Pro Tools 2019.6
BFD 3 and plenty more

Qapla

jord

Postby jord » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:36 pm

http://www.rush.com/vapor-trails-remixed/

You can get it by itself or with The Atlantic Years box set (I'm getting the box set).

Will be time to brush up again on the Neil Peart finger drumming on my BFD-tied Maschine as Monday will be a happy day indeed... if only the NPK pack was up to snuff.

jord

MIKE1K

Postby MIKE1K » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:53 pm

The new Vapor Trails is actually RE-MIXED and remastered. Listened to some clips, it sounds awesome!

Here's a link.

http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/ ... rush1.html

:D

Rhytenow

Postby Rhytenow » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:06 pm

Looks like September 30 is the official date from Fxpansion.

jord

Postby jord » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:21 pm

I was listening to a bunch of the clips earlier and what definitely glad to hear the album done right. I had such a love-hate relationship with that album.

Fortunately, I will have more than enough to keep me busy until Monday.

jord

jackn2mpu

Postby jackn2mpu » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:58 pm

MIKE1K wrote:The new Vapor Trails is actually RE-MIXED and remastered. Listened to some clips, it sounds awesome!

Here's a link.

http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/ ... rush1.html

:D
Sounds good indeed! Reminds me I have to get back to the drum kit and do some serious woodshedding.
Jack
Pro Tools 2019.6
BFD 3 and plenty more

Qapla

guitardom

Postby guitardom » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:07 pm

jord wrote:Honestly, for me, I have unlimited usage on my internet connection so I have no reason not to use it. If FXPansion is using something like AWS, we shouldn't expect too much of a hit in download performance. However, we shall see.

jord

New Dream Theater album a few days ago, BFD 3 on Monday, and new Fates Warning on Tuesday!! This will be the best week for me in quite awhile!!!

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:25 am

The BFD3 downloadable data is hosted on Amazon S3, not our own servers. As more and more BFD3 users start piling in, the S3 CloudFront servers physically closer to various markets will start populating to take the strain. If Amazon can't handle the load, the world has bigger issues than BFD3... ;)
SKoT McDonald
CTO FXpansion]

Return to “BFD2”