any plans for the future to bring on other drums? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

any plans for the future to bring on other drums?

Support for BFD2 Acoustic Drum Workstation

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

SNAFU

any plans for the future to bring on other drums?

Postby SNAFU » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:42 pm

Hi guys,

so this is just a question in general, about the drums being recorded for bfd2:

the emphasis seems to be on yamaha drums - which is not bad, but I'd LOVE to hear a few sonor, tama, gretsch, ludwig or some more pearl drums. Is there any spark of hope that there will be such a thing coming up in the future?

I'd also love to buy single drum pieces, for I often don't need full kits; I'd rather look for THE kick or snare drum ;-)

Has anybody got info on this?

kind regards
snafu

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:44 am

Don't forget to check out the third party kits available for BFD

Cheers,

Rail

SNAFU

Postby SNAFU » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:00 am

Ah - BFD3 :D Can't wait for that - rumour has it that is to be released in a not too far future :)

As I said before: I really like the kicks, snares and toms of any Yamaha kit but couldn't find some Sonor stuff; some of my favourite bands use sonor, and I really would likt to see if can create a drum sound similar to those, having the same "material". Besides: I used to play a Sonor kick a few years ago, and I still love that sound.

I suggested a, pick n mix" option with kits

8) You're my man, Steve. That's just what I meant.

but the argument against was a pretty good one and that was that they would run out of serial numbers and it would create a licensing nightmare.

-nahh, there must be a different way than that :P I guess a clever mind would find a way to realise this without the licensing nightmare; well, I'm not an IT-freak, but I think there could be other options for that for sure...
But sure, viewed at it from this point I can clearly follow.

I'd definitively spend some money on single kit pieces from time to time - I surely would :)

regards
snafu[/quote]

doublestrokeroll

Postby doublestrokeroll » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:53 pm

Platinum Samples wrote:Don't forget to check out the third party kits available for BFD

Cheers,

Rail

So Rail....would it be reasonable to assume that should Fx release a new version of their software that Platinum Samples would follow suit with new expansions? Hypothetically speaking of course.... :D

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:48 pm

I think it's a safe bet to assume we've recorded new content for BFD3

Cheers,

Rail

Benoni

Postby Benoni » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:19 pm

SNAFU wrote:Ah - BFD3 :D Can't wait for that - rumour has it that is to be released in a not too far future :)

As I said before: I really like the kicks, snares and toms of any Yamaha kit but couldn't find some Sonor stuff; some of my favourite bands use sonor, and I really would likt to see if can create a drum sound similar to those, having the same "material". Besides: I used to play a Sonor kick a few years ago, and I still love that sound.

I suggested a, pick n mix" option with kits

8) You're my man, Steve. That's just what I meant.

but the argument against was a pretty good one and that was that they would run out of serial numbers and it would create a licensing nightmare.

-nahh, there must be a different way than that :P I guess a clever mind would find a way to realise this without the licensing nightmare; well, I'm not an IT-freak, but I think there could be other options for that for sure...
But sure, viewed at it from this point I can clearly follow.

I'd definitively spend some money on single kit pieces from time to time - I surely would :)

regards
snafu
[/quote]

If you are looking for a Sonar kit, check out the BFD Deluxe Expansion pack. Buy it before July 31st and get it for half price.

I made a demo of the Deluxe pack if you care to check it out, in the video there is a demo of a Sonar kit that I put together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3SqrS0i94A

I agree that more, different brand drums would indeed be awesome. Though the BFD Heavy Expansion has me covered really well for Kick and toms, that pack is a must have!

Personally I would like to have some Ddrum kits. I'd like a Maple/Birch and Walnut kit from Ddrum.

I would also like some one (FXpansion, Platinum Samples) to sample the Chris Adler signature snare drum and some other snares from popular metal drummers. I know we can sample ourselves, which I've done to a Ddrum Gray Ghost snare, but its not the same as a BFD Kit piece with top, bottom, overhead, room, Amb mics.

doublestrokeroll

Postby doublestrokeroll » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:28 am

Platinum Samples wrote:I think it's a safe bet to assume we've recorded new content for BFD3

Cheers,

Rail

sweet! how much more information can I get out of you???.....lol...

Big names behind it? heaps and heaps of velocity layers?

seriously though...thanks for the heads up....it's obviously going to be great!

SNAFU

Postby SNAFU » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:47 pm

I think it's a safe bet to assume we've recorded new content for BFD3

Is it already christmas? ;-)

Well, new content - and I am sure about that - will be highly anticipated by the followers of BFD2 :)
Will the, well, "old" stuff (speaking of expansion packs and so on) work with bfd3 without losing too much of the benefits one can make of them today? Just asking, because I can imagine that #3 will come up with more manipultion capabilities to the single drum sound than #2...

kind regards
snafu

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:07 am

We're keeping backward compatibility as much as we can, yup, and the new stuff forms a superset of functionality. Old packs go through an automated upgrade process.

On the Yamaha front - it may *seem* Yamaha heavy in the last few years, but not really - the early years of BFD1 were Yamaha light, late 2000's we then did a Yamaha recording session with a plan to release an all-Yamaha big pack of the DLX/JNF scale, but then the market changed towards smaller single downloadable packs, so that one product got split up into several. We've had Sleishman, Dunnett, a variety of mixed bag snare packs, Zildjian putting out their range, Bosphorus recording a few Big Name drummers, and of course Platinum Samples pumping out the hits (in a big way). Sonic Reality have pumped out a half dozen kits from various drum manufacturers too...
SKoT McDonald
CTO FXpansion]

SNAFU

Postby SNAFU » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:51 am

We're keeping backward compatibility as much as we can, yup, and the new stuff forms a superset of functionality. Old packs go through an automated upgrade process.

Nice :D !!! Besides, you guys don't have to convince me - I'm already watching my bank account closely so that I can be good on the go as soon as bfd3 release is announced :D

On the Yamaha front - it may *seem* Yamaha heavy in the last few years, but not really - the early years of BFD1 were Yamaha light, late 2000's we then did a Yamaha recording session with a plan to release an all-Yamaha big pack of the DLX/JNF scale, but...

Oh well, I see: I was so focused on BFD2 that I forgot "the early years" - I just started with 2.0 back in 2008 I think. On the other side I must admit, I neglected third-party releases a bit - without a cause though, but nontheless they all passed me by. Maybe I'll have a closer look for those now...

greetz
snafu

Return to “BFD2”