Re-registering BFD2 for new Imac - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Re-registering BFD2 for new Imac

General FX news, discussion, and a place to speak your mind

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

pn70

Re-registering BFD2 for new Imac

Postby pn70 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:04 pm

Hello everyone...My laptop PC recently had a hard drive failure which is what BFD2 was running on and have installed a new hard drive recently with new Windows 7 but decided not to re-load BFD2. Yesterday, I ordered a new Imac and will be loading BFD2 on it once I receive the Imac and was wondering how will I reactivate or re-register BFD2 on the new mac since I never did a proper uninstall on my laptop pc?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:37 am

Hi,

You'll be fine. Just install and authorize as you did before. There's no way to de-authorize a machine. Once an authorization is used, it's used. If you ever run out, just contact tech support and we'll add more to your account.

pn70

Postby pn70 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:35 pm

thanks Rory...

Now I'm curious to see how bfd2 runs/performs between both Snow Leopard and Win 7 on the very same Imac via bootcamp.

ewnc2000@yahoo.com

Urgent - Deauthorizing - How do i do it

Postby ewnc2000@yahoo.com » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:20 am

Rory,
I have a very similar situation. I am migrating over from PC to a MACPRO and I have had to reimage the MACPRO several times in the last few weeks. If you look at my account I own just about every BFD2 expansion, plus most of the Platinum Samples. Can you ask Tech Support to make sure i have at least one authorization remaining on all my products please? I am reimaging my machine tonight and have sessions scheduled in my studio on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I would greatly appreciate your help.

Rory_FX wrote:Hi,

You'll be fine. Just install and authorize as you did before. There's no way to de-authorize a machine. Once an authorization is used, it's used. If you ever run out, just contact tech support and we'll add more to your account.

Rory_FX

Re: Urgent - Deauthorizing - How do i do it

Postby Rory_FX » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:16 am

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. It's very difficult to track support requests via the forum. If you haven't already done so, you'll need to contact support directly for authorisation issues:

http://www.fxpansion.com/support/

ewnc2000@yahoo.com wrote:Rory,
I have a very similar situation. I am migrating over from PC to a MACPRO and I have had to reimage the MACPRO several times in the last few weeks. If you look at my account I own just about every BFD2 expansion, plus most of the Platinum Samples. Can you ask Tech Support to make sure i have at least one authorization remaining on all my products please? I am reimaging my machine tonight and have sessions scheduled in my studio on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I would greatly appreciate your help.

Rory_FX wrote:Hi,

lecadec35

Re: Re-registering BFD2 for new Imac

Postby lecadec35 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:26 am

pn70 wrote:Hello everyone...My laptop PC recently had a hard drive failure which is what BFD2 was running on and have installed a new hard drive recently with new Windows 7 but decided not to re-load BFD2 Monte escalier électrique. Yesterday, I ordered a new Imac and will be loading BFD2 on it once I receive the Imac and was wondering how will I reactivate or re-register BFD2 on the new mac since I never did a proper uninstall on my laptop pc?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I think you have to contact your provider because changing windows mac is rather risky because the tool may not work.

Return to “General Discussion”