Deauthorization - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Deauthorization

General FX news, discussion, and a place to speak your mind

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

cmonnow

Deauthorization

Postby cmonnow » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:06 pm

This is an emergency for me because I have to erase my hard drive ASAP as I have already sold my commuter on ebay, and I don't want to lose the license I paid $200 for.

For some reason I can't find any solid information or help when it comes to deauthorizing BFD2. Not from the manual, the FXPansion website, or anywhere on the web. I do see other people have posted similar questions in this forum and I see that they haven't heard back from FXPansion, which makes me feel pretty confident I'm gonna get the support I need too. I've also been waiting for their call back or an email or something back from them for over 24 hours now. For a company that is so busy and doesn't like being hounded by calls, they should really do a better job of explaining somewhere in the manual or on the website how to do important things like this, and then I could figure it out myself.

I think I've figured out the basics, and I think I may have figured out how to do it with the FXPansion License Manager, but I'm not sure I did it 100% correctly, and I'm afraid I'll get some kind of error or other BS problem when I try to activate it on my new computer which I don't have yet to test and see if it will work yet.

I can say this for sure: I will not buy this software again if I get burned. I will switch to Superior Drummer, because I haven't used BFD2 on that many of my songs yet, and I can switch if I need to.

Here is exactly what I've done so far in detail:

First, I have opened the FXPansion License Manager, selected BFD2 from the list, then clicked on "Delete Authorization". After confirming I want to delete authorization, it asks me "Would you like to remove it from the license Manager entirely?", and I have clicked on "No". Is this right? Or should I have clicked on "Yes"? Does it matter?

This is all I have done so far. It won't allow me to do anything else now until I enter my serial number.

Could someone please tell me what I should do next to authorize the software on the new computer?

Thank you for your assistance.

Also:

Should I also uninstall the software off the old computer? Do I need to update anything in my account settings on the Fxpansion website?

On the website I read this:

Does BFD2 use a dongle?
"No, but it must be authorized online before it can be used. You can do this directly if your machine is connected to the Internet, or via another machine with Internet connectivity by moving a small key file between the two machines (a USB memory key, CDRW, floppy disk or iPod would all do nicely)."

What is this small key file, and is this something that I need to transfer to the new computer?

Please help me.

BTW I'm using Mac OS 10.6.8.

cmonnow

it's too late now

Postby cmonnow » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:55 pm

Well it's too late now as I have to erase my computer's hard drive and ship it to the buyer. All I ask is that if I can't get the software to authorize on my new computer next week, that you please give me a refund. It's not fair if you've caused me to lose my license due to your lack of support.

Return to “General Discussion”