Forum

FXpansion Forum

FXpansion joins ROLI

General FX news, discussion, and a place to speak your mind

Moderators: Drew_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, Moderators

Drew_fx

FXpansion joins ROLI

Postby Drew_fx » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:40 pm

We’re thrilled to announce that FXpansion has been acquired by ROLI, a fellow leader in music technology innovation — and the company behind the Seaboard, the multidimensionally expressive instrument acclaimed as “the future of the keyboard”.

Together with ROLI, we'll keep pushing the boundaries of innovation in audio software development. We're looking forward to integrating our technologies over the long term — while continuing to develop and support the FXpansion products that you know and love.

Click here to find out more.

Kickflip

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Postby Kickflip » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:00 pm

Intriguing news!
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music
http://www.soundcloud.com/kickflip

Circuit Bent Madness
http://www.bogus-noise.co.uk

AshleySmith08

Postby AshleySmith08 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:00 pm

Congrats to all the team, I look forward to what's to come. 8)
Engineer/Producer/Musician/Media Content Creator
CV: https://app.box.com/s/oiulec8q1eyqn2r0s46k
MacPro 12 Core 2x2.4 GHz, 24 GB Ram | MacBook Pro 2.8GHz i7, 16GB Ram
10.8.4/10.10.4, UA Apollo Quad, PT 12.x

rictheobscene

Postby rictheobscene » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:44 pm

I'll say I am cautiously optimistic regarding this news. I am hoping for the best, but getting burned by the whole Camel Audio fiasco and similar merger / buy out scenarios has left me with a skepticism that tempers optimism with caution.

Perhaps this skepticism is unreasonable (FXP being a totally separate entities from the others and other factors), but it is there nonetheless.

But, I am still hoping for the best as I settle into my wait and see approach.

Benoni

Postby Benoni » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:59 pm

Let's hope this is a good thing in the long run. ROLI is an interesting company, FXpansion makes great plugins, this could be really cool...

knobsmcgee

Postby knobsmcgee » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:59 pm

So youre going to make a midi controller integrated with Geist

Nspace

Postby Nspace » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:43 pm

Benoni wrote:Let's hope this is a good thing in the long run. ROLI is an interesting company, FXpansion makes great plugins, this could be really cool...

I share the same perception. Both companies seem to be very complementary of each other and ROLI making the acquisition has directed this in the best amicable of terms I have ever seen. As a strong indication just see how all FXpansion personal is hired and the description of their new functions shows they are taking leading roles, each in their own field.

Furthermore placing this in the context of the aggressive audio industry state on being, where Music Group (Behringer) and Pioneer as BIG corporate firms are cherry picking, capturing and fusing small top creative/laureate companies within their tightly closed ecosystems, mainly to support best seller products. This all leaves remaining small companies as facile preys for either unfair competition or acquisition, to which their remaining alternatives of response are side alliances (Roland and Serato), amicable merges or what might be the case here; compatible acquisitions.
A few of us (I do) might similarly be wishing to see success in this kind of growth at the case of MAGIX recent acquisition of Sony Creative Software (Vegas, Soundforge, Spectralayers) both rather small compatible firms.

///The complementarity is there as a possibility. Wish them both here the best energy on getting on.

jackn2mpu

Postby jackn2mpu » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:59 pm

I find this merger/acquirement very interesting and hopefully in a good way. Maybe we'll get something that will compete on a high level with the MalletKat and DrumKat controllers, especially for percussion. Imagine having a controller that will allows such things with percussion as open and close slaps, finger taps, finger/thumb slides on a skin, etc. All things you can't do with the current crop of controllers. As long as they don't muck up BFD I'll be happy.
Jack
DP9.02, 9.12 & 8.07
Pro Tools 10.3.10 & 11.3.1
27" iMac OSX 10.8.5 & OSX 10.9.5 3.4GHz quad i7 32 gig ram
BFD 3 and plenty more

Qapla

purtington

Postby purtington » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:54 am

I have a feeling it'll be Strobe users who'll get the most out of it but then I knew absolutely nothing about ROLI, first I'd ever heard of them.

I just wish Skot would pull his finger out and get that pitch envelope FX that he said he was working on out for BFD3 soon.

Hint :roll:

Steve
Last edited by purtington on Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

vespesian

Postby vespesian » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:59 am

This could be a-w-e-s-o-m-e.

Especially if Fxpansion users were to receive discounts on Roli hardware, nudge nudge wink wink. :)

dredd i knight

Postby dredd i knight » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:46 pm

If you make a controller for Geist, that is as well integrated as Maschine's, I will buy it the day it comes out!
Geist has such a superior workflow to machine that the only thing stopping me from using it exclusively is the hardware control you get with it.
Good luck with this merger; I hope it brings you greater success! :D

jord

Postby jord » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:35 pm

jackn2mpu wrote:As long as they don't muck up BFD I'll be happy.

I'll stand by this as well.

Here's to an interesting future.

Jord
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

kafka

Postby kafka » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:38 am

Seems like a good fit. Those keyboards look neat. Would love to see them integrated with DCAM and Geist. And, uh, yeah, don't do anything to mess up BFD. I need it. Seriously.

thisissami

Postby thisissami » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:03 am

Hmmm interesting... I wish the seaboard was cheaper. I'd have one if it was. If you guys integrate Strobe (AKA the synth I pretty much exclusively use) with the seaboard in an even awesomer way than it is currently further down the line... I may just have to bite the bullet and get one.

chilly7

Postby chilly7 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:09 pm

I do not own other producs from Fxpansion but with Dcam Synth Squad they where supper slow with bug fixes. The major bugs where not fixed for years. And their Fusor wich in Dcam Synth Squad does not work at 192Khz sample rate. And synth Dcam Synth Squade is discontinued now they have excuse to not fix that problem. Allso it contains other problems. Like with diferent sample rates sound is effected the way it sould not. I might like that effect it does but i do not want it to be bounded to sample rate.

With that behavor probably i would stay away from that company but Dcam Synth Sqade is intresting product.

Hpefuly with the new owner this will not happen anymore.
God's web site: http://давайте-жить-по-совести.рф
God's music: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 91BsW4eMrQ
Download God's music in studio quality: https://yadi.sk/d/kZuLVE7xp7fGv

Return to “General Discussion”