Forum

FXpansion Forum

FXpansion joins ROLI

General FX news, discussion, and a place to speak your mind

Moderators: Drew_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, Moderators

thisissami

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Postby thisissami » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:17 pm

chilly7 wrote:I do not own other producs from Fxpansion but with Dcam Synth Squad they where supper slow with bug fixes. The major bugs where not fixed for years. And their Fusor wich in Dcam Synth Squad does not work at 192Khz sample rate. And synth Dcam Synth Squade is discontinued now they have excuse to not fix that problem. Allso it contains other problems. Like with diferent sample rates sound is effected the way it sould not. I might like that effect it does but i do not want it to be bounded to sample rate.

With that behavor probably i would stay away from that company but Dcam Synth Sqade is intresting product.

Hpefuly with the new owner this will not happen anymore.

hmmm this makes me really wary... I've been planning on picking up Geist 2, but ironically enough FXPansion's own forums has me rethinking that.

meedily

Postby meedily » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:51 am

Now that fxpansion is owned by Roli does that mean that Amber 2 is off the agenda? I've tried asking a few times and I keep getting a standard Apple-esque Nda answer. It's kind of a shame as Amber was actually my fav synth in the lot. :(

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Drew_fx wrote:while continuing to develop and support the FXpansion products that you know and love

Unfortunately not the case with Geist 2. Left with too many problems and abandoned.

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:27 am

CakeAlexS wrote:
Drew_fx wrote:while continuing to develop and support the FXpansion products that you know and love

Unfortunately not the case with Geist 2. Left with too many problems and abandoned.

I know it's frustrating right now, but rest assured... we are working on it.

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:29 am

meedily wrote:Now that fxpansion is owned by Roli does that mean that Amber 2 is off the agenda? I've tried asking a few times and I keep getting a standard Apple-esque Nda answer. It's kind of a shame as Amber was actually my fav synth in the lot. :(

Without going into details, it's an assumption that Amber 2 was even on the agenda - pre or post Roli! Never say never of course, but our interests were firmly with Strobe2 and Cypher2.

fredmant

Postby fredmant » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:38 am

I'd love to see Roli build a soft drum head for all us table top wacking / steering wheel thumping / thigh slamming / air jamming wannabe percussionists.

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:42 pm

Drew_fx wrote:
CakeAlexS wrote:

I know it's frustrating right now, but rest assured... we are working on it.

Your comment written in Feb.
It's now near Oct 2017, just a few small updates.
Complaints in forums seem endless, people have lost trust for FX expansion.

kickthebox

Postby kickthebox » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:16 am

CakeAlexS wrote:.... people have lost trust for FX expansion.

And Roli.
Windows 7 64 - i7 4790k - 16GB ram - SSD.
Windows 10 64 - HP X360 - i6200 - 8GB - SSD
Studio One, Samplitude, Reaper, Bitwig.

Return to “General Discussion”