Forum

FXpansion Forum

FXpansion joins ROLI

General FX news, discussion, and a place to speak your mind

Moderators: Drew_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, Moderators

thisissami
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:47 pm

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Postby thisissami » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:17 pm

chilly7 wrote:I do not own other producs from Fxpansion but with Dcam Synth Squad they where supper slow with bug fixes. The major bugs where not fixed for years. And their Fusor wich in Dcam Synth Squad does not work at 192Khz sample rate. And synth Dcam Synth Squade is discontinued now they have excuse to not fix that problem. Allso it contains other problems. Like with diferent sample rates sound is effected the way it sould not. I might like that effect it does but i do not want it to be bounded to sample rate.

With that behavor probably i would stay away from that company but Dcam Synth Sqade is intresting product.

Hpefuly with the new owner this will not happen anymore.


hmmm this makes me really wary... I've been planning on picking up Geist 2, but ironically enough FXPansion's own forums has me rethinking that.

meedily
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:18 pm

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Postby meedily » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:51 am

Now that fxpansion is owned by Roli does that mean that Amber 2 is off the agenda? I've tried asking a few times and I keep getting a standard Apple-esque Nda answer. It's kind of a shame as Amber was actually my fav synth in the lot. :(

CakeAlexS
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:46 am

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Postby CakeAlexS » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Drew_fx wrote:while continuing to develop and support the FXpansion products that you know and love


Unfortunately not the case with Geist 2. Left with too many problems and abandoned.

Drew_fx
Posts: 3828
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Postby Drew_fx » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:27 am

CakeAlexS wrote:
Drew_fx wrote:while continuing to develop and support the FXpansion products that you know and love


Unfortunately not the case with Geist 2. Left with too many problems and abandoned.


I know it's frustrating right now, but rest assured... we are working on it.

Drew_fx
Posts: 3828
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Postby Drew_fx » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:29 am

meedily wrote:Now that fxpansion is owned by Roli does that mean that Amber 2 is off the agenda? I've tried asking a few times and I keep getting a standard Apple-esque Nda answer. It's kind of a shame as Amber was actually my fav synth in the lot. :(


Without going into details, it's an assumption that Amber 2 was even on the agenda - pre or post Roli! Never say never of course, but our interests were firmly with Strobe2 and Cypher2.

fredmant
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Postby fredmant » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:38 am

I'd love to see Roli build a soft drum head for all us table top wacking / steering wheel thumping / thigh slamming / air jamming wannabe percussionists.

CakeAlexS
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:46 am

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Postby CakeAlexS » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:42 pm

Drew_fx wrote:
CakeAlexS wrote:
Drew_fx wrote:while continuing to develop and support the FXpansion products that you know and love


Unfortunately not the case with Geist 2. Left with too many problems and abandoned.


I know it's frustrating right now, but rest assured... we are working on it.


Your comment written in Feb.
It's now near Oct 2017, just a few small updates.
Complaints in forums seem endless, people have lost trust for FX expansion.

kickthebox
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:04 pm

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Postby kickthebox » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:16 am

CakeAlexS wrote:.... people have lost trust for FX expansion.


And Roli.
Windows 7 64 - i7 4790k - 16GB ram - SSD.
Windows 10 64 - HP X360 - i6200 - 8GB - SSD
Studio One, Samplitude, Reaper, Bitwig.

WHHF54@yahoo.ca
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 3:14 am
Location: West Coast BC, Canada

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Postby WHHF54@yahoo.ca » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:17 pm

It now October 2017 It looks like this merger happened over a year ago and when you go to the Roli support site that you get redirected to from the Fxpansion website, and type in FXpansion and press search there are 0 responses. Nothing in a year?? I hope this is not going to continue. As for now I'm not purchasing any new products till I start to see some support on their site. I have over 2,000 BFD kit pieces and am wondering what will happen if Roli continues with zero on there site. The welcome to Roli support site doesn't even mention FXpansion. This is bad news.

try this link for your self it is where you get redirected to when you click on support from the FXpansion website.

https://support.roli.com/


I been using BFD drums since 2005, and so far not impressed with this merger which I only recently discovered. leaves me wondering what the future will be for BFD :?

WiLLi

User avatar
purtington
Posts: 2837
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 9:37 am
Location: Bristol UK
Contact:

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Postby purtington » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:40 pm

WHHF54@yahoo.ca wrote:It now October 2017 It looks like this merger happened over a year ago and when you go to the Roli support site that you get redirected to from the Fxpansion website, and type in FXpansion and press search there are 0 responses. Nothing in a year?? I hope this is not going to continue. As for now I'm not purchasing any new products till I start to see some support on their site. I have over 2,000 BFD kit pieces and am wondering what will happen if Roli continues with zero on there site. The welcome to Roli support site doesn't even mention FXpansion. This is bad news.

try this link for your self it is where you get redirected to when you click on support from the FXpansion website.

https://support.roli.com/


I been using BFD drums since 2005, and so far not impressed with this merger which I only recently discovered. leaves me wondering what the future will be for BFD :?

WiLLi


I've no idea how you got to that site but it's not the one I get when I click on support via the fxpansion tech support page.

If you follow the link that is provided on the fxpansion tech support page it will take you here. https://support.roli.com/request/

On the above page you will see two buttons, one on the left is highlighted dark blue and says, "ROLI Support and next to that in slate grey is a button that says FXpansion support. Click on that one and fill in your details and your done.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

CakeAlexS
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:46 am

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Postby CakeAlexS » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:56 pm

Drew_fx wrote:
CakeAlexS wrote:
Drew_fx wrote:while continuing to develop and support the FXpansion products that you know and love


Unfortunately not the case with Geist 2. Left with too many problems and abandoned.


I know it's frustrating right now, but rest assured... we are working on it.


What utter rubbish. Merry XMAS.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests