Page 2 of 3

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:17 pm
by thisissami
chilly7 wrote:I do not own other producs from Fxpansion but with Dcam Synth Squad they where supper slow with bug fixes. The major bugs where not fixed for years. And their Fusor wich in Dcam Synth Squad does not work at 192Khz sample rate. And synth Dcam Synth Squade is discontinued now they have excuse to not fix that problem. Allso it contains other problems. Like with diferent sample rates sound is effected the way it sould not. I might like that effect it does but i do not want it to be bounded to sample rate.

With that behavor probably i would stay away from that company but Dcam Synth Sqade is intresting product.

Hpefuly with the new owner this will not happen anymore.


hmmm this makes me really wary... I've been planning on picking up Geist 2, but ironically enough FXPansion's own forums has me rethinking that.

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:51 am
by meedily
Now that fxpansion is owned by Roli does that mean that Amber 2 is off the agenda? I've tried asking a few times and I keep getting a standard Apple-esque Nda answer. It's kind of a shame as Amber was actually my fav synth in the lot. :(

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:10 pm
by CakeAlexS
Drew_fx wrote:while continuing to develop and support the FXpansion products that you know and love


Unfortunately not the case with Geist 2. Left with too many problems and abandoned.

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:27 am
by Drew_fx
CakeAlexS wrote:
Drew_fx wrote:while continuing to develop and support the FXpansion products that you know and love


Unfortunately not the case with Geist 2. Left with too many problems and abandoned.


I know it's frustrating right now, but rest assured... we are working on it.

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:29 am
by Drew_fx
meedily wrote:Now that fxpansion is owned by Roli does that mean that Amber 2 is off the agenda? I've tried asking a few times and I keep getting a standard Apple-esque Nda answer. It's kind of a shame as Amber was actually my fav synth in the lot. :(


Without going into details, it's an assumption that Amber 2 was even on the agenda - pre or post Roli! Never say never of course, but our interests were firmly with Strobe2 and Cypher2.

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:38 am
by fredmant
I'd love to see Roli build a soft drum head for all us table top wacking / steering wheel thumping / thigh slamming / air jamming wannabe percussionists.

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:42 pm
by CakeAlexS
Drew_fx wrote:
CakeAlexS wrote:
Drew_fx wrote:while continuing to develop and support the FXpansion products that you know and love


Unfortunately not the case with Geist 2. Left with too many problems and abandoned.


I know it's frustrating right now, but rest assured... we are working on it.


Your comment written in Feb.
It's now near Oct 2017, just a few small updates.
Complaints in forums seem endless, people have lost trust for FX expansion.

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:16 am
by kickthebox
CakeAlexS wrote:.... people have lost trust for FX expansion.


And Roli.

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:17 pm
by WHHF54@yahoo.ca
It now October 2017 It looks like this merger happened over a year ago and when you go to the Roli support site that you get redirected to from the Fxpansion website, and type in FXpansion and press search there are 0 responses. Nothing in a year?? I hope this is not going to continue. As for now I'm not purchasing any new products till I start to see some support on their site. I have over 2,000 BFD kit pieces and am wondering what will happen if Roli continues with zero on there site. The welcome to Roli support site doesn't even mention FXpansion. This is bad news.

try this link for your self it is where you get redirected to when you click on support from the FXpansion website.

https://support.roli.com/


I been using BFD drums since 2005, and so far not impressed with this merger which I only recently discovered. leaves me wondering what the future will be for BFD :?

WiLLi

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:40 pm
by purtington
WHHF54@yahoo.ca wrote:It now October 2017 It looks like this merger happened over a year ago and when you go to the Roli support site that you get redirected to from the Fxpansion website, and type in FXpansion and press search there are 0 responses. Nothing in a year?? I hope this is not going to continue. As for now I'm not purchasing any new products till I start to see some support on their site. I have over 2,000 BFD kit pieces and am wondering what will happen if Roli continues with zero on there site. The welcome to Roli support site doesn't even mention FXpansion. This is bad news.

try this link for your self it is where you get redirected to when you click on support from the FXpansion website.

https://support.roli.com/


I been using BFD drums since 2005, and so far not impressed with this merger which I only recently discovered. leaves me wondering what the future will be for BFD :?

WiLLi


I've no idea how you got to that site but it's not the one I get when I click on support via the fxpansion tech support page.

If you follow the link that is provided on the fxpansion tech support page it will take you here. https://support.roli.com/request/

On the above page you will see two buttons, one on the left is highlighted dark blue and says, "ROLI Support and next to that in slate grey is a button that says FXpansion support. Click on that one and fill in your details and your done.

Steve

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:56 pm
by CakeAlexS
Drew_fx wrote:while continuing to develop and support the FXpansion products that you know and love


CakeAlexS wrote:Unfortunately not the case with Geist 2. Left with too many problems and abandoned.


Drew_fx wrote:I know it's frustrating right now, but rest assured... we are working on it.


What utter rubbish. Merry XMAS.

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:47 pm
by mickgormaley
Two years in and there have been only incremental updates for BFD. What if anything should long time owners of BFD expect from Roli? At least let us know if you have anything in the works.

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:40 pm
by dannyrichardson
This is awesome news! I am a big fan of what ROLI is doing with their controllers. I look forward to seeing the next controller that they put out and wonder if it's going to be integrated with Geist?

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:28 am
by Fenderchris
mickgormaley wrote:Two years in and there have been only incremental updates for BFD. What if anything should long time owners of BFD expect from Roli? At least let us know if you have anything in the works.


Well, they have recently released BFD3 v3.3.0.43 and 44 which are full of installation/authorisation bugs and are, in my experience, totally un-usable.

Well done.

I should have stuck with BFD2.

Re: FXpansion joins ROLI

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:41 pm
by lagavulin16
Any update on Amber2? I will buy it the day it comes out, pre-pay, beta test, you name it!