BFDLAC Tool... - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFDLAC Tool...

General FX news, discussion, and a place to speak your mind

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

Artlessbugbear

BFDLAC Tool...

Postby Artlessbugbear » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:33 am

Hi community:

Just wondering: does this tool still exist? If so, where is it downloadable from (it's not installed on my BFD computer as far as I can tell, and it's not in my available downloads on fxpansion's website - again as far as I can tell).

If it doesn't exist, why?

Google results for "BFDLAC Tool" in the last year results in basically nothing.

Thank you

purtington

Re: BFDLAC Tool...

Postby purtington » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:16 pm

I think I still have a version somewhere but basically it was incorporated within BFD3 so it no longer exists as a separate tool.

I'm sure the old stand alone version could reverse BFDLAC files to .WAV files which the one built in to BFD3 doesn't seem to be able to do.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

Artlessbugbear

Postby Artlessbugbear » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:00 am

You're a legend Purtington.

Yeah, I realized it was in the app right after posting, but good to know about reversing to WAV in the stand alone!

Hey, I have another question if you're game.

I am attempting to authorize an expansion pack. Ican see that the authorizer is attempting to access a path that no longer exists on my computer; see attached image. (I renamed my home folder in an unrelated osx maintenance. I'm guessing that this path is stored in some FXpansion database. I tried uninstalling BFD, but there is no official uninstaller that I'm aware of, so in attempting to uninstall "by hand" as it were - I may have missed something. Short of completely wiping this machine (not something I want to do) is there any way to assure a complete and thorough uninstall of BFD so I can start over? Funny enough, the main BFD app authorizes correctly. It's just the Jazz & Funk expansion pack that won't authorize in this instance. Help? Thanks
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 10.48.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 10.48.35 PM.png (66.11 KiB) Viewed 1034 times

Artlessbugbear

Postby Artlessbugbear » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:19 am

So update here: I wiped my drive, reinstalled OS and reinstalled BFD3. All good.

Update regarding BFDLAC tool. Indeed you can find a "stand alone" app here:

/Library/Application Support/FXpansion/BFDLACTool/BFDLACTool.app

Return to “General Discussion”