Cypher 2 - GarageBand and other issues - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Cypher 2 - GarageBand and other issues

General FX news, discussion, and a place to speak your mind

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

gafferman

Cypher 2 - GarageBand and other issues

Postby gafferman » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:42 am

Posting here because there does not seem to be a Cypher 2 product support forum.

Has anyone been able to get Cypher 2 to work with GarageBand? I emailed product support and they gave me some story about Apple "sandboxing" GarageBand, but I don't really understand that. Equator from ROLI (which FXpansion is part of) works with no issues. Support also stated Cypher 2 works with Logic Pro, which is the more professional version of GarageBand. Any way to get this to work, or am I out of luck here?

Another issue, certain presets in Cypher 2 seem to generate static (pops and snaps) as I play different notes. Some presets are fine with no issues, but others have this very annoying static issue. Has anyone else seen this? Software glitch or something else?

Thanks!

partyforcemusic

Re: Cypher 2 - GarageBand and other issues

Postby partyforcemusic » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:04 am

I am having similar issues in Ableton with the Cypher 2 VST. The CPU usage is way to high, Equator works great but can't get it it work even after adjust Buffer settings and everything. Hoping its something that will get fixed. The desktop app works good and the sounds are all amazing. Im dying to use it in Ableton!

Return to “General Discussion”